Tulsa woman videos herself hitting a motorcycle - on purpose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they do decide to press charges, I don’t think she can plead the fifth.

I agree, but she could hire a lawyer that will say her Facebook video should be treated as private communication (and every other argument in the book) to get it excluded from trial.
If you've got enough money to pay the (hourly) bill, a lawyer will argue until judgement day.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This falls under "how stupid can people be". There should be an arrest on this one.

Video in the link.
http://www.newson6.com/story/5f2dd2...posts-video-bragging-about-road-rage-incident

TULSA, Okla. -

After a video goes viral of a woman slamming into the back of a motorcyclist, Tulsa Police say they will now ask for her to be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

Police say the woman posted the video herself in what they call a case of road rage. Police say they initially wrote the driver a ticket a sent her on her way but that all changed when they say she posted a video of the incident on Facebook, bragging about it.

The video shows a woman driving right behind Patrick Devlin on his motorcycle. He says he'd yelled at her to get off her phone because she was swerving all over the road, then, she ran into him.

"When it hit me I was in shock! That’s why I was like what? That's why I was like call the police because I was freaked out,” says Devlin.

Devlin believes she hit him intentionally, right after she'd already been all over the road.

“She was looking down in her lap and I'm like get off the phone. So I'm like get off the phone!” says Devlin.

Devlin says the woman yelled back, then rode his bumper, until she knocked him off his bike.

After police gave her a ticket for following too close, Devlin thought it was best to just move on, until he woke up and saw the videos she’d posted.

"I honestly was completely astonished that someone would post a video of them, saying the things she said. Then, bragging that she should have run me over and she will do it again,” says Devlin.

I talked with Tulsa Police after they watched the video.

They say it could have ended a lot worse and Devlin is lucky he wasn't hurt.

"It's a two-ton piece of equipment that can be used as a weapon, like a gun, knife, baseball bat, pipe. If you use your vehicle intentionally to hurt someone or property, you are using it as a weapon,” says Sergeant Brian Collum with Tulsa Police. “Obviously she's not taking it very serious if she is bragging about it on Facebook. I understand there are a lot of people out there upset after watching the video and understandably so."

We messaged the driver and she tells us it was just a fender bender and she feels being harassed by people online and she’s done talking about it.

Police will forward their report to the District Attorney’s office, who will decide whether to file the assault charge.

I have cheated death many times on my bike. I get road rage because of the cages. Sometimes I wish I lived in a mad max world and I had a bike like this to deal with cage phone zombies

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the late 90's and early to mid 2000's I used to ride quite a bit on my Goldwings and I knew a fella that always carried some steel ball bearings with him when he rode his bike that were reserved just for tailgaters.......he said discretely drop a few going down the road and you'd be surprised how quickly tailgaters will get off your a$$.

Last edited:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, but she could hire a lawyer that will say her Facebook video should be treated as private communication (and every other argument in the book) to get it excluded from trial.
If you've got enough money to pay the (hourly) bill, a lawyer will argue until judgement day.

I don’t doubt it. Nothing motivates a lawyer more than a handful of hundred dollar bills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom