Tulsa Zoo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I think this has been covered before, but can't find it. The Tulsa Zoo is owned by the city but managed privately. It's still considered a city owned park (as is Mohawk Park where its located). Their rules page state that firearms are prohibited on zoo grounds yet state law says no one can enact a policy to prohibit firearms on municipally owned parks. Has there been any clarification on this?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or … just leave the darn thing at home. Statistically, you are more likely to get killed by a family member than at a zoo.

Or not!

I had a roommate in college that said he didn't like to drive to his home since most accidents happen within five miles of your home!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Or … just leave the darn thing at home. Statistically, you are more likely to get killed by a family member than at a zoo.

Or not!

I had a roommate in college that said he didn't like to drive to his home since most accidents happen within five miles of your home!

I've been to the zoo a few times in the summer, and I think your odds of getting killed by a family member while at the zoo are quite high :)

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not going to push it. I could probably get away with it, but wouldn't want to ruin the day for my family and possibly be trespassed as I do enjoy the zoo. I was just curious if there was anything legally done about it yet. This is why I bought a lock box for our car.

Latest posts

Top Bottom