Tulsa's new Gathering Place Park to ban guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scalper

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is another picture showing the park area (highlighted in yellow and circled in red) that is not owned by the Tulsas Gathering Place, LLC. How can they harass citizens with signs demanding compliance with an illegal rule on public property? I called Tulsa River Parks and they assured me that I can freely carry my firearm on all River Park Trails that run through the Gathering Place. I would be surprised if they said otherwise as I already knew that.)))

I am glad that the tide is slowly turning in favor of the rule of law and I believe very soon Gathering Place will abandon their illegal stance.

P.S. By the way, has anyone else noticed that there is not one American flag anywhere on the Gathering Place property?

Attachments

• Not owned by Tulsas Gathering Place, LLC 1.jpg
    Not owned by Tulsas Gathering Place, LLC 1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 180

scalper

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems this would be easy to resolve. If it is truly private, show us where it is on the tax rolls and a receipt for taxes paid. If it is not on the tax rolls and it is being used as a park, state law supersedes what any municipality is being pushed into by monied interests. And, if it is truly private, stop assigning city employees to work there - TPD, parks department, etc.

https://www.krmg.com/news/local/tul...hering-place-gun-rule/jXl4iE7Cp0fApjeTNJABGJ/

The Tulsa County Assessor and Tulsa County Treasurer's tax roll both show that the Tulsas Gathering Place, LLC is exempt from property tax (see attachments). They got Freeport Exemption.

Attachments

• Tulsa Gathering Place Assessors Records.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 159
  • Tulsa Gathering Place Exempted from Ad Valorem Tax.pdf
    485.1 KB · Views: 194

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW: Private can be non profit and tax exempt. Just like every church out there. Though it is still not entirely clear what exactly the park land and park operator are.

None of this means I want it to be a gun free zone though. FYI.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
P.S. By the way, has anyone else noticed that there is not one American flag anywhere on the Gathering Place property?
I think it’s more important that there should be Oklahoma flags, but I’m good with American flags too. Not everyone agrees with this, but…I’m very proud to be an American. Wouldn’t want to be anything else. However, I’m an Okie before I’m an American.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it’s more important that there should be Oklahoma flags, but I’m good with American flags too. Not everyone agrees with this, but…I’m very proud to be an American. Wouldn’t want to be anything else. However, I’m an Okie before I’m an American.
That rhetoric sounds almost like a dirty Texan

Latest posts

Top Bottom