Tumbling brass with rice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been tumbling with rice for years. Works for me. Cheap!
I remember you talking about using rice on this forum a few times.

The only thing a reloader won't try to re-use is toilet paper (and some of 'em, I'm not so sure about that)

Blow your nose on it and leave it on the counter it will harden and the next day you can wipe with it
and not worry about tearing through because you added some "epoxy" to it.
:)
You are all welcome.

My fishing friend told me about his dad that when they went hunting he had this red rag.
He hung in a tree down the hill from where they always camped.
He had this rag hanging there for many years.
My friend found out what it was for.

His dad would need to take a dump and used it all those years to wipe with.
Mother nature would clean it year after year.

If that don't ruin your breakfast.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone on the subreddit r/reloading tumbled brass with rice. The results were pretty nice..View attachment 281146
I tried it once - one time - with my 223 brass and it took me an hour to get the rice out of the brass - damn near threw the brass away about half way through -- probably works better with pistol and larger rifle cases though

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I tried it once - one time - with my 223 brass and it took me an hour to get the rice out of the brass - damn near threw the brass away about half way through -- probably works better with pistol and larger rifle cases though

I wet tumble .223 and the stainless pins are a pain to get out. I think .223 is just difficult no matter what you tumble it in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom