Tumbling Media

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of that goes way more than skin deep and will not get removed.
I do not like using cases when they look like that.. but in a panic situation I would bet they will still work.

Get some lemi shine and mix it into some hot water and submerge the case 1/2 way for about 2 hours and remove and look at it.

Or you can take 0000 steel wool and try and polish it out.. if 0000 will not polish it then more than likely pins will not either as it is tarnished too deep.

If no lemi shine to soak in try a little powdered coolaid or citric acid in a cup of water.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got some LemiShine but didn't even think to try that. I ran it through the ultrasonic cleaner and then the tumbler. I've tried the steel wool, and it didn't touch most of it. I'll try the LemiShine treatment later, IF my wife will let me have some. I used it for cleaning before I got the ultrasonic, and I've just used it since. When my wife found out how well it worked, it wound up in the kitchen cabinet! Thanks, swampratt! I knew you would have some insight on this!

Latest posts

Top Bottom