Turkey 17'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it's bad. Sometimes it's hard for me to get motivated to go if my kids aren't going.

Oh, I completely get it. I'm just jealous that I've not had the opportunity to come up yet. There have been toms strutting in front of my camera for at least 3 weeks, and it's killing me.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty fun morning. Snuck in and got set up about 100 yards from the roost tree but come to find out I was actually about 50 yards. There where 3 groups in three different trees I'd never seen them in before. Mostly jakes. Was 10 in all. Heard gobbles in the distance surrounding me so I kept calling while the young guys couldn't figure out what was going on. Pretty funny to watch the strut and stomp the ground. A brief brawl broke out amongst them and then back to the hot babe. Kept calling and heard another group approaching from the south. There where 3 of them and they chased the jakes all over the place for a few minutes. Then they laid eyes on the gen and the race was on. They stopped and strutted a bit out of range. After a few minutes they walked close and i had my first opportunity at a double so I took it. Fired and dropped both. I'm only in my third season of turkey hunting and saw a first. Pretty sure the others abused and molested those two I shot. At least that's what it looked like. Strange animals. Switched from federal to browning shells and got a better pattern so I used those. I was skeptical of the browning ammo but I'm a believer now. Now onto the stats and pics. No monsters but my biggest to date. Also excuse my pitiful yard. Anyway great hunting season for me and the kids so far.

21lbs, 8.5" beard 3/4 spurs
18lbs, 9" beard and 3/4" spurs

Attachments

• IMG_0346.JPG
    IMG_0346.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 239

Latest posts

Top Bottom