Turkey 2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it the darker pretail feathers? These are both Rios which is why I'm asking.

www.midwesthunt.com_turkey_kansas_jeremy_kansas_turkey_hunting_two_rio_grande_turkeys.jpg
What county were these taken from?

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No idea. That's an internet picture from a Kansas hunter. Wherever wheat country is.
The bird on his right is a hybrid and one on his left looks more like it could even be a full blood eastern. But they are not full blood rios. Lots of eastern turkeys in eastern kansas and they grow wheat there too

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Finally connected with the longbow this morning. Many years of missing and just feathers drawn and finally the pressure is off :) Birds very quiet when they hit the ground. Jakes ended up chasing him right past me. As he passed behind a giant cottonwood I drew and let it fly when he stepped out the other side at 8 yards. Hit him a little high and he flopped and trotted to the timber edge and died just inside. 10" beard and 1" spurs. Just need ODWC to legalize atlatals and I can work on that for the next 30 years lol!

2018-04-20 08.15.31.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom