Turkey 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses and warm welcomes. I moved down from Kansas about 6 years ago but still go back to Kansas for dove, prairie chicken, quail, and pheasant hunting every year. I figured Oklahoma was home now so I am jumping in. Never spring hunted turkey before so it will be a god learning experience. I drove out to Black Kettle on Tuesday to scout and will try my luck Saturday/Sunday, though the weather is taking a turn for the worse. I’m hoping to figure out some deer hunting for this fall too.
Welcome and good luck! Give a report back on BK. I haven’t been out there in years.

I was all over BK Tuesday and Wednesday. It has apparently been hit pretty hard according to local reports. I've heard of egg disease killing the young, some disease going around in the turkeys killing them and other assorted reasons for the decline. In two days I saw two turkeys, one hen and one jake. Both on private land. There are a few turkeys there no doubt, but this year seems to be much harder to find them. When the winds picked up Wednesday afternoon, I called that hunt off and am moving to a different part of the state. Was also surprised at the number of people out there during the week and more coming in. TimberJim, I wish you the best of luck and hope you bag a couple, I couldn't manage it this year.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
21Lbs.. 10.5" Beard. 3/4" Spurs. 40 yard shot.
img959733.jpg

Last edited:

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Headed to Johnston county this morning for a quick day and a half hunt with my better half. Will see how it goes.

Property we are on typically doesn’t hold wintering birds but they typically disperse there for the spring season. Hoping it’s late enough they have shown up. They were not present 3 weeks ago!

Latest posts

Top Bottom