Turkey 2021 Discussion and Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had one come in from behind us about 20-25 min after I stopped calling. My son had just taken a leak and sit back down, I had just taken a leak and was still standing up visiting with him when we heard a twig snap below us under the creek bank edge. Up pops a red head, he takes about 2 steps and looks at us and freezes. Whispered to him it's now or never, move slow and shoot if you have a shot. He's slowly moving, snaps safety off and drops him lol. 8" beard. Worked the bird this morning before church, the one when we arrived this afternoon and then this one, great day.

View attachment 200355

Good job. That smile says it all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_3086.jpeg

Tons of these things out here. They all lived in a field really close to me but that land is being developed into a housing addition. They moved out of the street when I drove up an into this guys yard

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had one come in from behind us about 20-25 min after I stopped calling. My son had just taken a leak and sit back down, I had just taken a leak and was still standing up visiting with him when we heard a twig snap below us under the creek bank edge. Up pops a red head, he takes about 2 steps and looks at us and freezes. Whispered to him it's now or never, move slow and shoot if you have a shot. He's slowly moving, snaps safety off and drops him lol. 8" beard. Worked the bird this morning before church, the one when we arrived this afternoon and then this one, great day.

View attachment 200355

Outstanding! I knew you two would get the job done before the day ended! Nice bird!

Latest posts

Top Bottom