Turkey Season Picture Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great video Brian! Looks like somebody missed him once. That tail feather is missing.
Tell dad congrats, and hello. :D

Was that fan actuated by the wind?
I have a jake fan with no body that works pretty good, but I have to stick it in the ground behind a hen decoy.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Great video Brian! Looks like somebody missed him once. That tail feather is missing.
Tell dad congrats, and hello. :D

Was that fan actuated by the wind?
I have a jake fan with no body that works pretty good, but I have to stick it in the ground behind a hen decoy.

He's missing the feather from fighting with other gobblers.

Yes, wind moves it, I have it on a stake that will swivel, I will put a stick or an extra decoy stake down that limits the movement the way I want it. It's the thunder chicken decoy from flextone, its super compact and will fit in my vest. I've killed a ton of birds with it.

I don't get into all the hype about using a jake fan vs a tom fan. IMO they cant tell the difference, they see a strange turkey trying to be dominant and they want to come put him in his place, in a hurry.. LOL

That bird dad killed wasn't the dominant tom or he would of came screaming in to take that decoy out.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got this one yesterday morning hunting with a buddy. We set up close to a roost and had turkeys in front of us for 2 hrs but they would not come in. It was uncomfortable having to sit that long still and always in their view. Finally the flock moved past us about 40 yards behind and my buddy knocked down the biggest tom. We got back to the truck and all of a sudden birds were gobbling everywhere. I think we split up the flock and killed the dominant bird and they all got going at once. We talked a minute and decided to head back into the woods to see if I could get one. We moved around a hill to come from a different direction and got within 100 yards of some gobbling birds and I had my buddy set 30 yards behind me. He yelped a couple times and they walked in about 10 yards from me and the little 20 ga double on improved knocked him right down. Was a good morning in the woods!

2020Turkey.jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got this one yesterday morning hunting with a buddy. We set up close to a roost and had turkeys in front of us for 2 hrs but they would not come in. It was uncomfortable having to sit that long still and always in their view. Finally the flock moved past us about 40 yards behind and my buddy knocked down the biggest tom. We got back to the truck and all of a sudden birds were gobbling everywhere. I think we split up the flock and killed the dominant bird and they all got going at once. We talked a minute and decided to head back into the woods to see if I could get one. We moved around a hill to come from a different direction and got within 100 yards of some gobbling birds and I had my buddy set 30 yards behind me. He yelped a couple times and they walked in about 10 yards from me and the little 20 ga double on improved knocked him right down. Was a good morning in the woods!

View attachment 159038
Congrats on the hunt Lonnie! Wondered where you've been hanging out after your retirement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom