Two Glock G3 19s odd markings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmedic

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One says made in GA the other Austria. Check out the different markings.
6f4145476162829d0a536d89515fbfba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
NPv = Nitro Powder proofed mark... gun been tested firing ammo with a few percent higher loads in Austria.

You have an Austrian proof pistol. Basically the pistol was manufactured to not come to the USA and then some time later, most likely to meet demand, imported to the USA. I have one just like it.

Don't sell it. It is some what a collector piece. Not a safe queen by any means or worth more money (maybe a little), shoot it as much as you want, but there are people out there looking for Austria proof pistols, especially a 19.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
From what I read, not that rare really. Not meant for release in the States originally, but Glock might have been forced by supply and demand to ship some over to satisfy the masses. More of a "cool" bit of Glock history...

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was millions, I meant to say thousands, but enough to not make them a rarity and worth more, shipped over when Obama first took office and the gun scare was on.... not rare but cool, I have 3.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NPv = Nitro Powder proofed mark... gun been tested firing ammo with a few percent higher loads in Austria.

You have an Austrian proof pistol. Basically the pistol was manufactured to not come to the USA and then some time later, most likely to meet demand, imported to the USA. I have one just like it.

Don't sell it. It is some what a collector piece. Not a safe queen by any means or worth more money (maybe a little), shoot it as much as you want, but there are people out there looking for Austria proof pistols, especially a 19.
Interesting, learned something new. Thanks

okmedic

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I did some more reading and you are correct. The finish is different as well. I’ve got a number of other glocks and never noticed it until now. The thing shoots like a dream. I polished everything and the action is crazy smooth. It is by far my favorite pistol. Never selling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom