Two Months of Residential Hell on N.W. 15th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there's not a lot that can be done. The people who live there have a "code" and won't cooperate with Johnny Law. They certainly don't have a lot of options to improve their lot either, so I can't be too surprised. Of course, sometimes, they just figure they'll "handle it on the street" themselves.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's sad to see the inner city rapidly going downhill like this. We're talking about the area over around the Plaza district...during the day and early evening, it's relatively "safe" - lots of trendy bars and places to eat. But if you are there at night, and you really watch, you can sometimes see the dirtbags who are waiting for the late night bar patron to stumble alone towards his or her car. I bet a lot of crime doesn't even get reported in areas like this. One scumbag whacks another scumbag in the head for the wallet he stole earlier in the day.

The thing is the inner city was already this way. Then the MAPS project came through and drove all the riffraff out of the area now referred to as bricktown. When the homeless and drug addicts were pushed from that area they didn't go away for good the problem was just swept under the rug so to speak and they wound up elsewhere.

It reminds me of an ordinance that was passed at some point in Oklahoma county that requires prescriptions for syringes and the needles for the insulin pens. The whole idea is that the drug problem will magically disappear because they can no longer be purchased. The reality is that it just caused more issues for those people who need the product for a legitimate purpose. A few years ago while out doing some stuff we were going to pick some up because the wife was almost out. Stopped in and was told can't buy it. So here we are 45 minutes from home and have to hot foot it back so we can buy what she needed before the store closes. The real kicker is it was for the insulin pen needles. Can't use them for squat without a pen and she even had one on her....

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always wondered if we couldn’t put like four special ops guys on blocks like this? I bet they could clean the place up in a hurry. Shoot, recon Marines would have that crap straightened up so quick those thugs would never know what hit ‘em.
There are solutions. They just aren’t easy and nobody wants to do the dirty, heavy lifting.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes I remember when I was a little kid and remember when I did not act right, my dad's belt adjusted my attitude. I decided to sit and have a "Come to meet Jesus" meeting with my self. Worked out long term for me.

What was that guy they ran out of town before we became so PC. Sheriff Joe or something like that. Had the fewest repeat offenders in all categories in US history in his county in Arizona.

Seems he had one hell of a "rehab" program to achieve that. It worked. Guess that is immoral, inhumane, prejudice against criminals, racest against criminals, and just flat assed taking care of business. Woops, he worked for the government. Not allowed to be that effective in today's age.

Arrest someone, yep, police brutality, you are just predigest against criminals does not promote being politically correct.

Glad I live out here in the country now.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend that lives between central and high and the area is not so great.
But he has adapted and most respect him.
There was a drug house that always had people hanging out in front and back.
I drove past that house often and had no issues with them ..usually driving one of my old beaters.

One day I go to my buddies to pick him up and go to pull-a-part to shop for goodies.
I drove past the drug house and no one outside.. no cars, nothing.

I mentioned it to my friend and he said some guy must have got ripped off because there was a slow drive by and stop and a guy got out of his car and started shooting every one. I think 7 of the guys died or more. And then the shooter gets back in his car and drives off never to be caught.

My friend said it was much quieter and people are afraid to go to that house or even live there.
Someone cleaned house.

There was a young black boy pushing a lawn mower up the sidewalk to my friends house I would say he was 12 maybe 13.
He asked my friend if he had another lawn mower he could use.
My friend gave him the one he was pushing so he could make money with it. He kept it going for a couple months making money mowing lawns before it broke.
I forget what broke but it took me about 15 minutes to fix it and the kid was very polite and appreciative and thanked me and my friend many times for fixing it.

My friend dumpster dives and gets really good things..I dumpster dive sometimes also.Habit I suppose :)
Anyway he got a bunch of costumes for dogs and cats one time new in the package.

He said some stray dog would wander up and he would dress them in one of the costumes and send them on their way.

Could you imagine your dog got out and came back wearing a mickey mouse or little princess outfit. Fun stuff.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend dumpster dives and gets really good things..I dumpster dive sometimes also.Habit I suppose :)
Anyway he got a bunch of costumes for dogs and cats one time new in the package.

He said some stray dog would wander up and he would dress them in one of the costumes and send them on their way.

Could you imagine your dog got out and came back wearing a mickey mouse or little princess outfit. Fun stuff.

This is the best d*mn thing I have read in a LOONG time.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are some Indians that moved in across the street from my buddy a few years ago and one of them was always drunk and belligerent.
My buddy caught him trying to open the door on his parked vehicle and told him get away from my vehicle or i will kick your ***.

The Indian said I am chief around here and stumbled off to his own yard. My buddy said You ain't chief I AM CHIEF.

This went on for a few months and my buddy told his neighbors mother she needs to control her son or something bad could happen.
Nothing bad ever did happen but he quit acting like drunk Indian.
My friend caught him near the vehicle a few times and kept running him off ..Buddy has cameras set up and sees all.

For fun my buddy and his wife would sit on the porch and would toss a used wallet out in the street right below their car door.
See who picks it up.
Well drunk Indian works his way over there trying to be sneaky and picks up the wallet and heads back home with it..Sees the $1 bill poking out and opens the wallet and reaches in to get it out.

HA joke is on you it is full of fresh mashed dog crap. Indian tosses wallet to the ground and starts yelling about sh** in the wallet and his mother comes outside just in time to see it all go down.
His mother starts laughing and yells out to her son. HA HA white boy got you, white boy got you !!

That wallet would get picked up by drivers in cars that would stop and back up and pick it up and a little ways down the road the wallet would be tossed out of the car and back in the street for the next poor soul to get it.
My buddy would sit with his wife and see how far the wallet would make it down the road.

More fun stuff to do in the neighborhood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom