Two Months of Residential Hell on N.W. 15th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the most epic post that's been on OSA for quite some time and the best reading! Although I'm glad you are away from the drama, I was kinda looking forward to Monday morning weekly updates.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting article. I grew up near the area of NW 18 and May where my grandmother lived. These areas have sure changed and gone downhill over the years.

I was just three blocks north of you, on NW 21st just east of May. Went to Cleveland Elementary, Taft Jr High and NW Classen High School. It was a good area to be a kid in, many, many years ago. Not so much anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just three blocks north of you, on NW 21st just east of May. Went to Cleveland Elementary, Taft Jr High and NW Classen High School. It was a good area to be a kid in, many, many years ago. Not so much anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to Hawthorne till 4th grade, then Buchanan, Taft, NW Classen . Small world.

Last edited:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad dated a woman who lived south of SE 44th between Easter and Bryant and at the time it was a somewhat rough neighborhood. Mix of older homeowners, low priced rentals and sec 8 rentals. As a teenaged white kid I felt way out of place. Dad's g/f had two sons, one about 2 years older than me and the other about 3 years younger. The younger one had to tell me which kids to be wary around as they had older brothers who were colored up in red or blue. I was thankful we only spent one night every other weekend there.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the 80s I lived near SW29 and Portland.
There was a drug house about 2 blocks down the road, cops never did squat about it.

Now before I tell this tale, I was a biker back then. Not a motorcycle enthusiast. Long hair, long beard (think ZZ TOP), bad attitude, etc.

I was living with a gal, she tried to drive down the road to go to the grocery store, druggies out in the road surrounded her car and wouldn't let her thru. She finally got loose, came back in tears, scared half to death.
I went down there to reason with the folks. During the reasoning process, one dirtbag was shot in the foot.
No body knows how it happened, to this day. Deus Ex Machina, I say.

That gal never had any trouble after that. The druggies would clear the sidewalk even, cluster on the porch, when she drove down the road.

The dealer moved just a few weeks later. Hobbled off into the unknown. I never saw him again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom