Two more does before Dec 31 2021!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So are some people buying a hunting license and tag but not doing the online check in so they can get more deer but still have a tag in case they get checked, or are they not even bothering to try and be legal at all?

I guess there is some of both but I'm wondering about those that are gaming the system now that check in is done online compared to what they may have done before. If you're willing to take the risk it's basically all on the honor system, right?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
So are some people buying a hunting license and tag but not doing the online check in so they can get more deer but still have a tag in case they get checked, or are they not even bothering to try and be legal at all?

I guess there is some of both but I'm wondering about those that are gaming the system now that check in is done online compared to what they may have done before. If you're willing to take the risk it's basically all on the honor system, right?
Yes exactly, both.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I've also heard of those that won't "bother" being legal when hunting on their own land...or a relative's land...or a friend's relative's land, and so on. Where is that line in their mind?

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are you doing with all that Operation Game Thief money?? :)
The only time I caught someone and turned them in I didn't get a dime but a gut shot cow instead. They won't show up and take a week to return any calls is my experience. I'll never call another one.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
It's an easy out, Oh Officer I was trying to get online and check it in I swear. My cell coverage is acting up.

GW says great, takes the guys name, and he's got 24 hours to check it in from the time of harvest. Info available at the GW's fingertips 24/7, so not an easy out..........and the GW could check the deer in for you right then if necessary as well.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
The only time I caught someone and turned them in I didn't get a dime but a gut shot cow instead. They won't show up and take a week to return any calls is my experience. I'll never call another one.
That seems to be the SE OK mentality from everyone I know down there, too bad it's like that. All the GW I know work their butts off, except for one, and he retired fortunately a few years ago.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GW says great, takes the guys name, and he's got 24 hours to check it in from the time of harvest. Info available at the GW's fingertips 24/7, so not an easy out..........and the GW could check the deer in for you right then if necessary as well
The point was that unless caught, they won't check one in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom