Two Years With a Glock 43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it's been almost two-years, give or take a few days now, since I got my Glock 43. I was one of the first to get one; I bought it through the LEO/MIL program from GT Distributors for $358 plus $20 shipping and a $10 transfer fee from our good friends at Sooner State Pawn. I was lucky and got in on their early-bird list and was able to snag one of these little pistols right away. I gave a one year report on it, and felt I needed to do another report now that the gun has a whole lot of rounds through it and has been carried an awful lot, as in almost every day. I did drop a Ghost Edge Connector in the gun, and I also put a fiber optic front sight on it. I added talon grips after handling and shooting my buddy's gun with them, and I like the feel of them a lot. Definitely worth the $21 bucks or whatever it was to buy them. Talon grips add very little width, but a whole lot of "grippy". The Ghost Edge works well too; for me anyway. I have about 5.0 honest lbs. of trigger now, as measured on my Wheeler Trigger Gauge. I like the reset too. It's never going to be anywhere near as nice as the trigger on my 1911, or your 1911 either for that matter, but for a striker fired gun, I have no complaints. As far as the fiber optic front sight goes, I like fiber optics a lot. My old eyes can easily pick that front sight up with them. My Gen 4 G19 has factory Glock night sights, but I think I'll just keep the Fiber Optic up front on the 43. I carry the 43 in one of three holsters; a Tueller Holsters OWB Pancake rig, a Crossbreed Mini Tuck, or a Rocketman (RM) Holsters Lowrider (third pic). All three are good holsters; all three serve a purpose. I always carry a spare mag too. My carry load is Federal HST 124 gr. How's it shoot? O it shoots just fine. I really have no idea of the exact round count, but it's at least 4,500 or maybe a little more now, the 43 goes with me on every range trip and I go at least once a week. I am pretty much just as accurate with the little G43 as I am with my larger G19. Is it as accurate as my 1911? No. But it's not as accurate as your 1911 either, unless yours is a real POS. It's also not nearly as big or heavy either. So, my feelings about the G43 now after carrying and shooting one a lot over a two-year period can be summed up pretty simply. It's the best of the small single stack pistols made, as far as my needs go. I know the S&W Shield is also a great pistol, as is the Walther PPS, the whole Kahr series, the Springer XDS, and the Sig P938, etc. but...having owned, handled, or at least shot all of the others, the G43 comes out on top for all the right reasons, as far as I am concerned. It always goes bang, I can find parts cheap and easy, the mags are solid as hell and cheap, the gun itself is a snap to break all the way down for detailed cleaning, and it will run any ammo you feed it. Oh...and it always goes bang. Plus, the handling/ergonomics of the 43 just plain fit me. I don't care about the so-called Glock grip angle issue...it's just not an issue to me. So there you have it. A fantastic little carry gun that runs like a striped-ass ape for under $4 bills? You betcha; me likey my Glock 43 just fine. Thank you; thank you very much. Oh yes, please come to the ENS at big Boys Gun Range on Saturday April 29 if you'd like to try it out.
View attachment 100042 View attachment 100043 View attachment 100044
Nice review. Your bedspread is ugly

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That, my friend, is no bedspread, it is a Kaffiyeh. I believe it belonged to a rather radical Islamic individual who meant me harm. It turned out that it just wasn't this particular fellows best day. I picked it up in Southern Lebanon a few years back...like about 35 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom