U.S. Apologizes for "abhorrent" syphilis study in Guatemala

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure what she did wrong, except for expressing regret for those awful medical experiments.

She violated the time honored principle of not taking our dirty laundry to the public.
Whether you work for somebody or own your own business, you make mistakes, we all do. When that happens I am sure that you correct the mistake and take steps not to let it happen again. People and business do that all the time. The last thing you would consider doing is getting a big neon sign and adds in the paper describing in detail how and what you screwed up.
If Clinton felt that reparations or other action was necessary, she should have gotten in touch with the other government and worked out a fair solution instead of the spectacle of public apology that gives more ammunition to our enemies.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She violated the time honored principle of not taking your dirty laundry to the public.
Whether you work for somebody or own your own business, you make mistakes, we all do. When that happens I am sure that you correct the mistake and take steps not to let it happen again. People and business do that all the time. The last thing you would consider doing is getting a big neon sign and adds in the paper describing in detail how and what you screwed up.
If Clinton felt that reparations or other action was necessary, she should have gotten in touch with the other government and worked out a fair solution instead of the spectacle of public apology that gives more ammunition to our enemies.
You might want to read the article again.

The author is ready to release the details in a soon forthcoming book that reveals all the sordid details.

Clinton didn't release anything at all. It's just that 'Damage Control' is part of her responsibility as SoS.
Smoothing over diplomatic disasters and the like.
It's her job.

Rajder was right on:
I've never seen such a high concentration of hatred as I've seen on this board in my life.
:thumbup3:

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see that as the issue. Were the experiments ordered by the President or Congress as official US business or were they the stupidity and lack of morals of subordinates?
I think it makes a world of difference. In the first case it is the "We the people" who are responsible, in the second the people who came up with the nightmare scenarios.

I guess the gov't spending our money in ways we do not approve of is a new thought to some people.....:smash:

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are two things to learn from this thread:

1. Some people are so full of US pride that they are not willing to apologize for anything the US does wrong. Even when the US has committed a cut and dry atrocity they will never admit it. We could find out tomorrow that the US secretly encouraged the Holocaust and someone would be on here defend the US about it.

2. No thread can be posted on OSA without being turned into a political debate and the generic bitching about "liberals". Seriously, I could post a thread about how much I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and by page 4 someone would state something negative about liberals or democrats.

Kettle, meet Pot:

Go scope the Democratic Underground forum.

Those guys make us look like poster boys for tolerance.

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kettle, meet Pot:

Go scope the Democratic Underground forum.

Those guys make us look like poster boys for tolerance.

While I'll have to believe you about those people being intolerant (I've never heard of the democratic underground). But I don't really see where the kettle and pot comment has any bearing on this conversation. Firstly, I'm a Republican, why would I be on a democratic forum?

Also, you just compared a shooting forum to a political forum. That comparison alone should be an indication of the general direction of the usual conversations on here. Coparing OSA to the democratic underground is basically claiming that OSA is a Republican / Tea Party political forum in disguise. Which is an easy argument to make considering the typical directions of the threads here.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Constitution has a punishment for treason. Death.
What do you suggest that we do when somebody wants to kill us? Sit on our ass and make it easy for them?
The Constitution was never meant to be a suicide pact.

The Constitution has punishments for those convicted of treason. When somebody commits a crime, apprehend them, try them, and punish them. That's what the constitution says to do.
Disregarding the Constitution is a suicide pact.

Just because you think it's a great idea to trashcan the constitution because Albub Dal-makwar hates America doesn't mean it's a good idea, or that it makes you more of a patriot. If anything it means you're more like Albub Dal-makwar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom