U.S. Apologizes for "abhorrent" syphilis study in Guatemala

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Infecting people with these STDs is just not that big a deal.

is this a joke post?? someone died and they infected people against their will... i am shocked by the response here. the govt should apologize and things like this should be brought forward, i can't believe people are advocating that it would have been better to "keep this in the dark"....

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pardon my cynicism Ben, every post in this thread is a joke post. What else can we do?

EDIT: Read the whole thread.
It's only being brought up because Obama hates America. WOW yes WOW

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjjtulsa
So when do we start to pay reparations?
--------------------------------------

This is just what I was thinking. I agree what was done was wrong, but why bring it up now? Spread the wealth. Now is a time that we can all feel like the evil Americans and Obama can get back to wealth distribution. It may not have been us that done this, but we "and our kids" will pay for it. Obama hates America and he is going to take us down a notch.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress
can be judged by the ways its animals are treated
~ Mahatma Gandhi'

What a touching sentiment from someone who quotes Gandhi...I'm sure he would be proud.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so that makes it ok. there are people raping, killing, abusing other people without apologizing, so why does that even matter, DOING WHAT IS RIGHT IS NOT RELATIVE TO OTHER PEOPLES MORALS.

ai277.photobucket.com_albums_kk47_Inshonotai_serious_cat.jpg

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Pardon my cynicism Ben, every post in this thread is a joke post. What else can we do?

EDIT: Read the whole thread.
It's only being brought up because Obama hates America. WOW yes WOW

The reason it was brought up is irrelevant when dicussing the people that were hurt, the reason may be wrong but it doesn't change if what was done was right or wrong. an example

If i was to say to a man that beat his wife "You are a jerk, you beat your wife and need to stop" and i said it in front of a large group of people and i did it to embarrass him, not because i cared about his wife, would it be ok to make jokes about his wife and discount his improper actions because my actions were wrong??

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I said what was done was wrong. I have nothing against apologizing to them. Maybe give some money to the people who were hurt by it. I don't think that we need to spread the wealth to the whole country. When it comes to Obama, I call it like I see it. If he loves America then I would hate to see someone who hates it. I hope I am wrong. Maybe Obama won't use this as another way to spread the wealth. Only time will tell.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I said what was done was wrong. I have nothing against apologizing to them. Maybe give some money to the people who were hurt by it. I don't think that we need to spread the wealth to the whole country. When it comes to Obama, I call it like I see it. If he loves America then I would hate to see someone who hates it. I hope I am wrong. Maybe Obama won't use this as another way to spread the wealth. Only time will tell.
The article doesn't reveal if the archival documents contain the individual identities of the victims of these experiments.
If the identities can't be determined I would think a new hospital might be an appropriate gesture.

Latest posts

Top Bottom