U.S. Apologizes for "abhorrent" syphilis study in Guatemala

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Horrible? Yes. Surprising or unprecedented? Hell no! Sorry for being sucha cynic, but considering mkultra, Tuskeegee(spelling?), etc I am in no way surprised that this happened. In 20 to 60 years I'm sure we will find out about similiar if not worse things being done to people in the name of science to people today.

Damn flouride in the water must be messin with my brain...where's my tinfoil when I need it?

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I read another article on this that said the Guatemalan government was involved and knew everything that was going on so I dont think the US needs to be appoligizing to anyone about anything.

so if the govt said it was ok, that makes it right..... so if the govt says it is ok for mexicans to rape you, then there doesn't need to be an apology made correct....

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So when does the WHO apologize for infecting millions of Africans with AIDS?
or do we have to wait another 45 years, untill everyone involved is dead?
just sayin...

wow, i might have to make this my last post, because i am seriously getting angry by what i am reading. If it is shown that the USA (or anyone else) grab the gentials of numerous africans rubbing AIDS on them to for the purpose of infecting them, combined with sending prosititues over there to infect africans, then i would agree that the govt needs to apologize on that also... i mean seriously that is the best argument you can muster??? and yes if it is possible to find out the pricks that knowing infected other people with AIDS, then yes saying "im sorry" would be the least of things they could do, letting me kick them in the nuts would be the next step...

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question would be about how far up the ladder did US Govt. officials have knowledge of these activities and endorse or permit it? Looking at the time frame this was taking place right after our GI's returned from liberating Nazi concentration camps where similar activities were taking place. Did Harry Truman know what we were doing with these people? :nono2:

Cedar Creek

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a girl that has probably infected that many people with those STDs. She isn't apologizing to anyone. Just sayin'.

"I sort of felt sorry for the flies. They never hurt anybody. Even though they were supposed to carry diseases I never heard of anybody saying they caught something form a fly. My cousin gave two guys the clap and nobody ever whacked her with rolled up newspaper." ~ Lenny Bruce

Latest posts

Top Bottom