U.S. Apologizes for "abhorrent" syphilis study in Guatemala

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes Dale, the Demoncrats leaked this now to lock in the huge Guatemalan-American Vote so they wouldn't vote for republicans instead.
/Sarcasm :laugh6:

I'm thinking it is a leftist morale booster which makes conservatives out to be evil and convinces liberal activists of the righteousness of their liberalism. Did you see the recent One Nation DC rally? One of the things Ed Schultz said was that conservatives are evil.

Whether or not the Guatemalan govt was complicit, if the US did this I agree that it is still a terrible thing.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where does rubbing STDs on people come in though?

No direct connection. My comment was in response to Ignerntbend's point that our CIA had helped install the govt of Guatemala after I pointed out that the Guatemala govt was not exactly humanitarian, given their killing of large numbers of Maya Indians.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking it is a leftist morale booster which makes conservatives out to be evil and convinces liberal activists of the righteousness of their liberalism. Did you see the recent One Nation DC rally? One of the things Ed Schultz said was that conservatives are evil.

Whether or not the Guatemalan govt was complicit, if the US did this I agree that it is still a terrible thing.
WTH does 'conservatives' or liberals for that matter have to do with this outrage?
Those are some politically colored glasses you have on.

Agreement at last.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTH does 'conservatives' or liberals for that matter have to do with this outrage?
Those are some politically colored glasses you have on.

Agreement at last.

Like you, my first reaction to the story was disgust. But as I got over that and looked at it in other ways, I realized that the person releasing the information and making the apology is Secretary of State Hilliary Clinton. I doubt there is anything she does that she does not carefully analyze through political lenses.

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are two things to learn from this thread:

1. Some people are so full of US pride that they are not willing to apologize for anything the US does wrong. Even when the US has committed a cut and dry atrocity they will never admit it. We could find out tomorrow that the US secretly encouraged the Holocaust and someone would be on here defend the US about it.

2. No thread can be posted on OSA without being turned into a political debate and the generic bitching about "liberals". Seriously, I could post a thread about how much I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and by page 4 someone would state something negative about liberals or democrats.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

1. Some people are so full of US pride that they are not willing to apologize for anything the US does wrong. Even when the US has committed a cut and dry atrocity they will never admit it. We could find out tomorrow that the US secretly encouraged the Holocaust and someone would be on here defend the US about it.

2. No thread can be posted on OSA without being turned into a political debate and the generic bitching about "liberals". Seriously, I could post a thread about how much I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and by page 4 someone would state something negative about liberals or democrats.

ding ding ding, we have a winner... you my friend are correct

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

But but but... if we apologize now, the terrorists have already won! I bet you like the Dixie Chicks, don't you?

:D

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like you, my first reaction to the story was disgust. But as I got over that and looked at it in other ways, I realized that the person releasing the information and making the apology is Secretary of State Hilliary Clinton. I doubt there is anything she does that she does not carefully analyze through political lenses.

Dale, whatever happened to your Restore Judeo-Christian values as our foundation precept?
Seems like those principles and values evaporated and distilled down to politics, as usual.

Latest posts

Top Bottom