U.S. Apologizes for "abhorrent" syphilis study in Guatemala

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dale, whatever happened to your Restore Judeo-Christian values as our foundation precept?
Seems like those principles and values evaporated and distilled down to politics, as usual.

If a government infects your left testicle with the clap, offer him the right testicle as well. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your herpederp, give him your syphilaids also. And if someone requires you to go one mile to get rid of the herpederp, go two. Give the herpederp to those who ask for it, and for those who want to borrow the crabs, do not turn away.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if the US did this I agree that it is still a terrible thing.

The US didn't do it.
The government and the people of the US did not support a group of a$$holes that found the opportunity and power to do bad things.
I didn't do that, nobody I know did such thing. I am not responsible for every criminal act every US citizen commits here or abroad, whether he works for the Fed or not.
I am not a guilt ridden Liberal and I don't hold our country responsible for every criminal our 360 million fellow citizens might commit.
All this is nothing more than one more attempt by the Left to hurt the US.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The US didn't do it.
The government and the people of the US did not support a group of a$$holes that found the opportunity and power to do bad things.
I didn't do that, nobody I know did such thing. I am not responsible for every criminal act every US citizen commits here or abroad, whether he works for the Fed or not.
I am not a guilt ridden Liberal and I don't hold our country responsible for every criminal our 360 million fellow citizens might commit.

:clap3::thumbup3:

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The US didn't do it.

HEY, how ya doin? :goodmorning:

Last time we met was in that thread where you advocated the US should have hit squads to assassinate undesirables like the that guy that runs WikiLeaks.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The US didn't do it.

C'mon, now; by default, if the Germans killed the Jews, the Russians killed the Poles, the Japanese killed the Chinese, then we must certainly admit that the Americans killed the Indians, enslaved the blacks, crapped on the Irish and Itallians, and infected Guatemalans with syphilis, right?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HEY, how ya doin? :goodmorning:

Last time we met was in that thread where you advocated the US should have hit squads to assassinate undesirables like the that guy that runs WikiLeaks.

Not a bad idea. The hit squad would not represent the US, though. They are just jerks with the power and opportunity to do bad things.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
C'mon, now; by default, if the Germans killed the Jews, the Russians killed the Poles, the Japanese killed the Chinese, then we must certainly admit that the Americans killed the Indians, enslaved the blacks, crapped on the Irish and Itallians, and infected Guatemalans with syphilis, right?

Actually no... I didn't enslave anyone, and won't hear otherwise nor will I be held for something that happened centuries before my birth. The same with the indians. It's a shame that anyone, anywhere has to die for anything other than natural causes, but I am a firm believer in survival of the fittest.

What it sounds like went on in this story is a science group with paid connections did some really horrible stuff to people. They should be handed over to them if they are still alive, or dug up and sent with an open permit to do what they like to their remains. Nobody else is responsible or accountable.

Just the way I see it, really means little.

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The US didn't do it.

I don't see the big deal. The US government committed illegal and unethical testing on Guatamalan citizens that have life long effects. Now the US government is apologizing for those actions. I didn't commit those actions but I'm not actually apologizing to Guatamala, the US government is. I call this doing the right thing. When I make a mistake I own up to my mistake and admit my wrongdoings. Why would anyone be mad about the US government doing the right thing?

Also, why would the Left want to hurt the US? Somebody would have to be retarded to actually think this would ever hurt the US. There is so much animosity on this board towards a group of people who think differently than us it is truly astounding. I've never seen such a high concentration of hatred as I've seen on this board in my life. I have friends that are very liberal and we pretty much don't agree on how things should be run but they still love this country and we just agree to disagree. It's the way this country is supposed to be ran, it's called compromising. If we let just the right wingers run this country it would be just a screwed up as if the left wingers ran this country. I don't get why you guys think only right wingers love this country and if you're a "liberal" then you must hate this country. Right wingers don't have a monopoly on patriotism or American pride.

I guess I just get tired of everything turning into a political debate. :rant::soapbox:

Latest posts

Top Bottom