U.S. Apologizes for "abhorrent" syphilis study in Guatemala

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dale, whatever happened to your Restore Judeo-Christian values as our foundation precept?
Seems like those principles and values evaporated and distilled down to politics, as usual.

I don't see the conflict between following judeo-christian values and thinking politically. Politics is much like war and war is not in conflict with judeo-christian values.

Furthermore, I think NraMan makes a good point when he says that unless the Guatemala experiment was approved as a matter of policy it is not the U.S. that did it, but rather rogue elements. I'd go further and say that if it was known of at the highest levels and winked at, that the U.S. does bear blame.

The experiment was an awful thing and not at all in keeping with judeo-christian values.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see the conflict between following judeo-christian values and thinking politically. Politics is much like war and war is not in conflict with judeo-christian values.

Furthermore, I think NraMan makes a good point when he says that unless the Guatemala experiment was approved as a matter of policy it is not the U.S. that did it, but rather rogue elements. I'd go further and say that if it was known of at the highest levels and winked at, that the U.S. does bear blame.

The experiment was an awful thing and not at all in keeping with judeo-christian values.

If 'Judeo-Christian' values don't include:

Atonement
Justice
Doing the right thing
Truth

then what do they mean? and why would America value them?

But you left all that out. It all boils down to one issue and one issue only for you. POLITICS :disappoin

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If 'Judeo-Christian' values don't include:

Atonement
Justice
Doing the right thing
Truth

then what do they mean? and why would America value them?

But you left all that out. It all boils down to one issue and one issue only for you. POLITICS :disappoin

Kindly show where I stated or implied that judeo-christian values do not include Atonement, Justice, Doing the Right Thing, and Truth. This silly assertion is much like asking someone if they have stopped beating their wife. Unfounded assertions and character attacks work against a good discussion of issues. I'm not intimidated by your ranting.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We should let whichever party is in power hitlist people from the other party. It's the American way, like it or not.

Obama definitely has a hit list that includes an American citizen.
I very much doubt that his list includes every Republican. You may be taking his act to protect the US a bit too far.
He probably thinks along these lines.
"Spock: Don't grieve, Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh...
Kirk: ...the needs of the few...
Spock: ...Or the one. "

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obama definitely has a hit list that includes an American citizen.
I very much doubt that his list includes every Republican. You may be taking his act to protect the US a bit too far.
He probably thinks along these lines.
"Spock: Don't grieve, Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh...
Kirk: ...the needs of the few...
Spock: ...Or the one. "

I never said every republican... and now you're calling muslim extremists republicans?
That's offensive.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kindly show where I stated or implied that judeo-christian values do not include Atonement, Justice, Doing the Right Thing, and Truth. This silly assertion is much like asking someone if they have stopped beating their wife. Unfounded assertions and character attacks work against a good discussion of issues. I'm not intimidated by your ranting.
It's not that you stated it, or implied it; On the contrary, it's that you didn't recognize it when it was right before your eyes.

You skipped right over an opportunity to affirm the values you claim to hold dear.
Strike that; You didn't skip over the opportunity, you danced over the opportunity in your eagerness to attack Hillary Clinton.

I'm not sure what she did wrong, except for expressing regret for those awful medical experiments.

Latest posts

Top Bottom