U.S. declares national energy emergency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great!!!!

Is this then going to lead to another instance where government "funds" another solar company such as Solyndra?

Wikipedia - Solyndra

"Government support

Solyndra received a $535 million U.S. Department of Energy loan guarantee, the first recipient of a loan guarantee under President Barack Obama's economic stimulus program, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. The loan program took a $528 million loss from Solyndra. Additionally, Solyndra received a $25.1 million tax break from California's Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority. SoloPower also received similar funding from the U.S. Department of Energy.

Following the bankruptcy, the government had expected to recoup $27 million under the Solyndra restructuring plan, or up to 100% of loaned funds from a $1.5 billion lawsuit filed against Chinese solar-panel makers for alleged price fixing. The outcomes of the lawsuits were that, in November 2015, Yingli Green Energy Holding Co Ltd. settled a claim filed by Solyndra for $7.5 million, and in April 2016 Trina Solar Ltd. settled a claim filed by Solyndra for $45 million. In June 2016 a Stipulation Of Dismissal was filed jointly between Solyndra and Suntech Power Holdings Co Ltd. and later signed by Hon. Saundra B. Armstrong on November 30, 2017."
I was thinking along the same lines. I hadn’t forgot about Solyndra. I remember them getting half a billion and went bankrupt a year later. Talk about massive Democrat money laundering.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first two lines of the so-called "Declaration" are right out of the Democrat playbook: Blame the Ukraine invasion and Climate change.

Joe takes no "credit" where he started the problem by attacking the producers and distributors of fossil fuels.

Wait for it folks. Soon they will begin RATIONING fossil fuels. Just another mask mandate in plain sight.

JMO.

LL

Latest posts

Top Bottom