U.S. Marine Who Blasted Hasty Afghan Withdrawal in Military Lockup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone really think he was going to get away with that after what the Navy tried to do to Eddie Gallagher after the court martial where he was found not guilty? Unlike Gallagher, the Lt. Colonel doesn't have a Commander in Chief who gives a rip about him, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them come down on him like a ton of bricks.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scheller said U.S. military leadership has continued to repeat the same mistakes and were not holding up their end of the bargain.”

“I have been fighting for 17 years. I am willing to throw it all away to say to my senior leaders, I demand accountabil
ity,”
the military veteran ended his tirade.

Scheller, who was battalion commander for Advanced Infantry Training Battalion at School of Infantry East at Camp Lejeune, posted the next day that he had been relieved of his command, according to Task & Purpose.

Then he posted a questionable resignation video on Aug. 29 during which he called for people to “follow me and we’ll bring the whole f—king system down.”

“I’m resigning my commission as a United States Marine, effective now,” Scheller, who is only three years away from retirement, said in the video.

“I am forfeiting retirement, all entitlements. I don’t want a single dollar,” he said.

The Marine Corps put out a statement shortly after the resignation video posted that it had taken steps to “ensure the safety and well-being of Lt. Col. Scheller and his family,” according to Task & Purpose.

Scheller put out a YouTube video on Sept. 16 during which he pledged to file charges against the head of the U.S. Central Command for his mistakes made during the troop withdrawal, then posted on Facebook that he would charge Marine General Kenneth McKenzie Jr. with 13 specifications of “Dereliction of Duty through Culpable Inefficiency,” Task & Purpose reported.

He ended that post by noting he expected to be arrested for his actions.

“What happens when all you do is speak the truth and no one wants to hear it. But they can probably stop listening because… I’m crazy… right?” Scheller wrote. “Col Emmel please have the MPs waiting for me at 0800 on Monday. I’m ready for jail.”

Scheller’s father, Stu Scheller Sr., told Task & Purpose that the military had put his son in pre-trial confinement because they didn’t want him to be able to talk to the public.

“All our son did is ask the questions that everybody was asking themselves, but they were too scared to speak out loud,” his father told Task & Purpose. “He was asking for accountability. In fact, I think he even asked for an apology that we made mistakes, but they couldn’t do that, which is mind-blowing.”

Schuller Sr. said his son has a military hearing on Thursday.

“They had a gag order on him and asked him not to speak,” he explained. “He did, and they incarcerated him. They don’t know what to do with him.”

The marine corps has confirmed that Scheller is in the brig, Task & Purpose reported.

“Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller Jr. is currently in pre-trial confinement in the Regional Brig for Marine Corps Installations East aboard Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune pending an Article 32 preliminary hearing,” U.S. Marine Corps Captain Sam Stephenson, a spokesman for Training and Education Command, said in a statement.

“The time, date, and location of the proceedings have not been determined. Lt. Col. Scheller will be afforded all due process,” Stephenson added.

He has been charged with contempt toward officials, willfully disobeying a superior commissioned officer, failure to obey an order, and conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman, according to Task & Purpose.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like he is heading to a GCM, and becoming a convicted felon. Can understand and respect his convictions, but there's a time to just stfu, regroup and find a better way to obtain the objective. That opportunity for him was about five moves in the past. Can also see a psych eval in thi near future.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you watch the entire videos, especially the later one, he needed help. If you disobey direct orders in the military, you will be locked up. He knew this. He’s not a political prisoner. I would be more worried if they let him continue on his path without repercussions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom