UBG Leather for my Sig M11A1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of good leather, oh sure, I’ve got Kydex holsters too, but mostly use them to safely store and cover the trigger in my pistols aside from the time I need a quick clip on and off capability. I have/had holsters from the best; Sparks, TT Gunleather, Kramer...but the best holsters for your money are made by a guy named Nate Gable, who runs UBG Holsters out of Utah. Nate started right here in Oklahoma, and is a long time member of OSA. He goes by @jarhead79, but he doesn’t post much, probably because he relocated to Utah for one and also because the man stays pretty busy making great holsters for people.

Check out his website for models and turn around time, it usually averages 4-6 weeks, which is darn good for quality work. And quality is what you get. Here’s two for my Sig M11A1 that he made for me; the USMC stamp was a special thing he added cause I’m a Jarhead too and damn proud of it.

Anyway, the IWB is the Canute. Brown with black loops. The OWB in black is a mid-ride pancake rig he makes called the RTBA. Both are very comfortable and hold the pistol tight to your body and very securely. The surprising part is the cost. These things run $65.00. What? Try getting any holster that’s this good for that price
412c10de0e3b0ee082888c6c3b3fe825.jpg
2e6c2758a13df338154f7eae65f60ea4.jpg
7f2bbc75e3416a29f5126336fa3ddf21.jpg
35f20d48561446b73495632319e6c314.jpg

Ain’t gonna happen. His rigs are as good as any of the big names, I promise you that. If you want to spend almost double, well, you sure can, but you won’t find a better leather maker than Nate and at his prices, these things are a real steal. Plus, he still gives us poor Okies a discount. Use coupon code “okshooters” at checkout and it knocks off a few more bucks, like 10-12 % I think.

I know a bunch of folks here have UBG Gear besides me, maybe some will chime in with their thoughts. He’s well-known now across the country, but take advantage of his OSA discount and get yourself a great leather holster for your carry guns. None finer. Nate rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s two more. A Canute in Mahogany with black loops and a Mahogany RTBA for my PPS M2.
d0f74d3afb909d774b405464a2ccbcb7.jpg
78250fc731faaf394d89c19c60957c3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You talked me into it. I ordered an RTBA and a mag pouch.

BTW, the discount for okshooters is 12%, and he is taking $10 off the top on the holster right now. So I got the holster and the mag pouch for less than $100, shipping included.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You talked me into it. I ordered an RTBA and a mag pouch.

BTW, the discount for okshooters is 12%, and he is taking $10 off the top on the holster right now. So I got the holster and the mag pouch for less than $100, shipping included.

@Aries: Sweet deal! For what gun? Be sure to post pics when you get 'em. Out of curiosity, what caused him to lop another $10 bucks off for you? They used to be $75; he dropped them down to $65, supposedly just for a short time, but hasn't raised the price back up yet. Whatever, you got a great deal man.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure, there's a note on his "About the maker" page saying he dropped the price $10 partly to drum up business and partly to drive his competitors insane, but it's dated November of 2017, which I assume is when he dropped to $65. When I went to checkout though, there was already a $10 discount deducted from the price. Then I entered the okshooters code and it deducted another $13.80. Plus $7.95 shipping came to $99.15 total. BTW, I mentioned in the notes section that you sent me. :)

I broke down and ordered another CZ a few weeks ago, this one a 75 D PCR compact. Once I develop a little more confidence in it, it will probably be my carry gun, but I need a holster that will pull it a little closer to my body than the one I have. I liked the body shield, because I'm a little concerned about the tang on it. My G27 hides very easily, but it rubs my side badly.

There's a guy in Wagner I had been thinking of having make one, but he would have been $135 for both, and I doubt would have gotten it much if any quicker. I looked this one up after reading your post, and with the discount code I was like.... yeah, I can't pass that up.

Can't wait to get it. I have to try and forget about it a few weeks or I'll drive myself nuts. LOL!

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my RTBA for my P320 XCOMPACT today. My first one from him. The workmanship looks great. The leather is a little thinner than most of my other holsters but I see no problem with that. The price was very good. I'll probably not use it tho' as it took quite awhile to get here and, in the meantime, I added a light to the gun and got an excellent high ride light bearing holster delivered. I think metal guns need leather but I like kydex for my plastics. Actually, I'll probably seldom carry the gun after being accustomed to a smaller high capacity edc. It's in my nightstand tho'.

Latest posts

Top Bottom