1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

UBG RKBA

Discussion in 'Gear Talk' started by 1911master, Feb 8, 2020.

1. 1911master

1911master Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Nate, comes through again. I really can not say enough about Nates workmanship, quality and delivery time.

Attached Files:

2. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    And you had to ruin it by getting it for a glock right? :hey3:

Just kiddin! I love my UBG, the only reason I know its there is I feel the weight of my handgun! Doesn't have as good of retention as a kydex, but it has pretty good retention (dunno if I would try a backflip with it, if I could still do a backflip that is). My handgun goes in smoothly and draws just as smooth. I'm glad I took several people's suggestion and got me one.

DRC458, druryj and 1911master like this.
  3. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Congratulations on the new holster Jim. I have a few of Nate’s RKBA Holsters myself. In fact, I think my M11A1 needs to get out of the house tomorrow in it’s RKBA.

For those who aren’t familiar with UBG, Nate started here on OSA as @jarhead79. He has since moved to Utah, but still gives us a discount with coupon code “okshooters” at checkout. The RKBA is a mid ride pancake holster. About as simple a design as there is, but it works. Check it out, and the others he makes, at www.ubgholsters.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRC458 likes this.
  4. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I ordered a UBG RKBA on @druryj recommendation, if I remember it took about 8 weeks but it is great craftsmanship, and with the discount code above I got the RKBA holster and a matching magazine pouch for under $100 including shipping. I don't see how you can beat the quality and price.

I was a little disappointed in comfort at first until I figured out that if I wear it at 3 o'clock instead of around 1 or 2, it is MUCH more comfortable!

I will definitely order from him again.

DRC458 likes this.
  5. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Mine is the Phaetos in black, worn at the 3:30-4 o'clock position (depends on the jeans).

20200209_095744.jpg

Yes, quality is amazing, and if I find a handgun that replaces my PX4's as my edc I'll buy another one. I think mine only took 5 weeks, but it was just the holster and no ammo pouches.

DRC458 and druryj like this.
  6. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Oh it's definitely a strong-side 3:00 - 4:30 holster, unless your waist line is a svelte 52" or something . There is just too much real estate taken up by a pancake holster like the RTBA for the Avg. Joe to wear it on your belt line up at 1:00 or 2:00. I'm strapping my RTBA on now, holstering my M11A1 since I have to go to a shady part of town to run some errands here soon. It will be right behind my hip, at about 4:00.

1911master and DRC458 like this.