UFC or Boxing ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What do you prefer to watch, UFC mixed martial arts or good 'ol fashioned boxing?
Do you like the brutality of the octagon, or the antics of the ring?
Does Mixed Martial Arts belong in the Olympics like boxing, or is it just a PPV draw?
What are your thoughts?

I prefer the UFC, I enjoy the faster pace of the fight and the simularity to military combatives.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the day, when boxing was great, boxing. No great heavyweights. In every division (other that bantam or middle) no more than a few with equal skills.
Now, MMA is better and quick action.
I still like boxing but it takes 8 years to get two of the fighters together on the pay day and the bout. By then one or both are past their times. I have a fight in mind that I would have paid too much to see but not now when one is dust and the other is a prick.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a big boxing fan for years. I had planned on being a pro boxer when I was young until I figured out I was not good at it.
I have been to many pro fights that was fun to watch. Like said above, there is no great heavy weights anymore.
I have been a big MMA fan since UFC 1. The skill level of some of the fighters is crazy. I think that the sportsmanship between fighters is a lot better too. Boxing became a circus.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with the guys who liked boxing back in the day; there was never a fight like the Tyson-Holyfield Ear-Biting fight. Old Iron Mike was getting his azz beat and so he chomped on Holyfield's ear. Holyfield was pissed; jumping up and down just mad as hell! Then that crazy sonnabeatch Tyson bit him again! Holyfield then proceeded to administer a dang good azz whooping and that, boys and girls, was the best, most entertaining fight I ever saw. Today; gimme crazy Nate Diaz any day. I like crazy guys who fight like somebody just insulted their momma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom