Ugghhh...Do we want to get involved in Venezuela?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In reference to Venezuela's elections, and specifically to Maduro's, do we know what the actual vote tally was? How many dictators over the years have reported 90%+ votes for themselves?

Why do we care enough that American men and women need to die in order to try to "fix it"?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems this is the idea. F*** 'em and feed 'em fish heads, right?

Cool deal, this is America.

That may be the case with some folks but much as I would LOVE to save the world we, as a country, have limited resources, and more than our fair share of issues here.

And I certainly do not want to send our men and women in the military to another war we cannot win.

If I had my way we'd pick off the politicians and give the country back to the people. And by "pick off" I mean flatten where they live and work from the air like squishing a fly with a flyswatter. Problem is there is ALWAYS another greedy, corrupt person more than willing to take their place ... :disappoin

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That may be the case with some folks but much as I would LOVE to save the world we, as a country, have limited resources, and more than our fair share of issues here.

And I certainly do not want to send our men and women in the military to another war we cannot win.

If I had my way we'd pick off the politicians and give the country back to the people. And by "pick off" I mean flatten where they live and work from the air like squishing a fly with a flyswatter. Problem is there is ALWAYS another greedy, corrupt person more than willing to take their place ... :disappoin

Yeah, I don't want a war down there, I don't want us fighting their government, no matter how corrupt it is.

I would like to see some humanitarian aid, though, which can be done on a supermassive scale at a fraction of what military action would cost, honestly.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't want a war down there, I don't want us fighting their government, no matter how corrupt it is.

I would like to see some humanitarian aid, though, which can be done on a supermassive scale at a fraction of what military action would cost, honestly.

I will be the first one to admit that I have NO CLUE how much humanitarian aid vs. military action costs ... I have read horror stories of TPTB (tribal chieftains charged with distributing the food and medical equipment) selling food and medical supplies to the locals it was meant for in Africa.

It could be that I am just in a more cynical place than you right now (GASP! Will wonders ever cease ... :hey3:) but I'm really weary of the way people in power always finding new and inventive ways to screw with those of us who want to work hard, enjoy the benefits of our hard work, help those less fortunate and just have a scotch and a little peace and quiet.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't think anybody would be against that.

However, without a military presence, how would you ensure that the aid is getting where it needs to go, instead of being gathered up and auctioned off by those with power? Invite the U.N.? Again, Maduro would fight that, and from past conflicts, the U.N. has shown it's just about as dirty as everybody else.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be the first one to admit that I have NO CLUE how much humanitarian aid vs. military action costs ... I have read horror stories of TPTB (tribal chieftains charged with distributing the food and medical equipment) selling food and medical supplies to the locals it was meant for in Africa.

It could be that I am just in a more cynical place than you right now (GASP! Will wonders ever cease ... :hey3:) but I'm really weary of the way people in power always finding new and inventive ways to screw with those of us who want to work hard, enjoy the benefits of our hard work, help those less fortunate and just have a scotch and a little peace and quiet.

Agreed.... I would never trust the Red Cross with the funds, that's for sure. They'll never ever get another dime of my money.

But I know on a mission trip how much help we were able to provide for thousands in just 4 days with donated medicines and services. At $1M each for cruise missiles, I think we can probably manage to get some food, medicines and such in to folks a bit cheaper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom