UK PD anyone watching?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recently just started watching UK PD, it comes on BBC America on Monday night. It's very interesting seeing the difference in policing between here and the UK. For example:
They say: get on the floor instead of get on the ground.
They handcuff suspects hands in the front.
Few officers carry firearms, most just a tazer at most.
They drive BMW 3 or 5 series both marked and unmarked, and some VW hatchback, maybe a VW golf, most of those are unmarked.
It's not marajuana, it's cannabis.
It's not a K9 it's a police dog
When they pull somebody over who runs, they don't do a felony stop like we do, they just come up to the car, open the door and pull the person out and handcuff them.
They aren't drunk drivers, they are drink drivers.

Last edited:

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be honest, I have not seen the show…….The BBC is 100% state controlled & approved media. Keep that in mind. If you have been following how UK ( Australia + NZ also) police have been treating peaceful protesters ( lockdown mandates) , past year , you’ll know what I mean. They need good PR.
I have watched and enjoyed shows like COPS in the past. Just saying.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recently just started watching UK PD, it comes on BBC America on Monday night. It's very interesting seeing the difference in policing between here and the UK. For example:
They say: get on the floor instead of get on the ground.
They handcuff suspects hands in the front.
Few officers carry firearms, most just a tazer at most.
They drive BMW 3 or 5 series both marked and unmarked, and some VW hatchback, maybe a VW golf, most of those are unmarked.
It's not marajuana, it's cannabis.
It's not a K9 it's a police dog
When they pull somebody over who runs, they don't do a felony stop like we do, they just come up to the car, open the door and pull the person out and handcuff them.
They aren't drunk drivers, they are drink drivers.
Sounds like it might be worth giving a watch . . . if you haven't watched Line of Duty it's also a UK police series. Seasons are available on Amazon Prime and various other streaming services.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
DANGER TV has a similar show and they have a follow along coastal police, ambulance crew, undercover brit cops, and helicopter crew.
Then they follow a private security force in South Africa. Sometimes they are armed but mostly unarmed. Apparetnly they respond to alarms and look for fugitives. It also has U.S. Coast Guard helicopter rescues and Jim Shockey safaris and extreme hunts.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I particularly liked the episode where the officer used his car to stop a fleeing perp and, when inspecting the damage, said "That is why we have big police cars!" Small SUV's are not big cars!
Most of them are driving 5 series BMWs. Those aren't very small, maybe not as big as a P71 crown Vic but decent sized. I just looked and a new BMW 5 series is 14 inches shorter than a P71. The firearms officers seem to always be in a BMW X5. The small cars are the unmarked VW golfs.

Oh, and it's not a spike strip, it's a stinger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom