Ultrasonic Cleaner for cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody every use an UltraSonic Cleaner for cleaning the baffles of their .22LR can?

I shot about 500 rounds through my AAC Element this weekend and just now tried to clean it. What a pain in my ass. The baffles are stainless steel so I ordered an UltraSonic Cleaner and solution from Harbor Freight. It has 5 settings and heat! I am going to try this as soon as it gets here and report back. For $100, if it cleans like I hope it does, it'll be worth it. Of coarse I am not going put the tube in, just the stainless baffles. Mr. Mike Mers actually recommended this in one of his YouTube videos about this can.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't really help from what I've seen. It doesn't get the lead residue off. You can soak them in a 50/50 peroxide vinegar mix, but the aftermath is hazardous waste. You don't want to dump it down the drain or in the creek out back for sure. It makes lead acetate. When you get it cleaned give everything a good coating of anti seize. That should help for cleaning in the future.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did coat it with antiseize as you told me too. It burned off, smelled funny, and that was it. Didn't help as far as I could tell. Permatex anti-seize 'advanced formula'.

ETA: burned off probably isn't the right description. It smoked some and smelled some.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it's not. I just hate putting dirty things back together you know? I've watched and read more and I think the uktrasonic cleaner will be ok. I'll pickup some purple power or some other degreaser and give it a go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom