Ummm, anyone hear about this Bill in DC being pushed through?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any site that gives an over view highlighting the important elements. I started the reading of I and quickly decided interpretation should be by legal community. NRA maybe ?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any site that gives an over view highlighting the important elements. I started the reading of I and quickly decided interpretation should be by legal community. NRA maybe ?
This bill makes various changes to the federal framework governing the sale, transfer, and possession of firearms and ammunition. Among other things, the bill does the following:

• generally requires individuals to obtain a license to purchase, acquire, or possess a firearm or ammunition;
  • raises the minimum age—from 18 years to 21 years—to purchase firearms and ammunition;
  • establishes new background check requirements for firearm transfers between private parties;
  • requires law enforcement agencies to be notified following a firearms-related background check that results in a denial;
  • creates a statutory process for a family or household member to petition a court for an extreme risk protection order to remove firearms from an individual who poses a risk of committing violence;
  • restricts the import, sale, manufacture, transfer, or possession of semiautomatic assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices;
  • restricts the manufacture, sale, transfer, purchase, or receipt of ghost guns (i.e., guns without serial numbers);
  • makes trafficking in firearms a stand-alone criminal offense;
  • requires federally licensed gun dealers to submit and annually certify compliance with a security plan to detect and deter firearm theft;
  • removes limitations on the civil liability of gun manufacturers;
  • allows the Consumer Product Safety Commission to issue safety standards for firearms and firearm components;
  • establishes a community violence intervention grant program; and
  • promotes research on firearms safety and gun violence prevention.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Dimocrats have been trying to get it passed since Jan. I do not think it has even made it to the house floor yet but I could be wrong. I think they are getting it in the works and hoping to take the WH and Senate so they can push it thru.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Edit: CHenry beat me to it.

I'm still trying to figure out "what epidemic?"

Basically they want to do the following.

1. Require a license to purchase and posses a firearm and/or ammunition.
2. Create a national registry.
3. Cannot purchase (or sell) more than 1 firearm per month.
4. Dealers have to increase store security to Fort Knox levels.
5. Eliminate same state person-to-person transfer.
6. Outlaws silencers and full-auto firearms completely.
7. Create a national Red-flag law.
8. Expanding Gun free zones.
9. Reinstate and expand the assault weapons ban of the late 1990s (10 round mags, cosmetic feature ban, and all that jazz..)
9a. Ban ALL AR platform firearms.

I'm sure there's more, but this is what i found from a quick glance through it.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right there is a step - if passed and signed into law - rising to an intolerable act beyond any disposition of the people to endure. Such an act would place the people in an untenable position of certain subjugation by people without any right or grant of power to do so. To me, even proposing such an act is treasonous for it will open the door to any oligarchy or individual with designs to enslave an entire nation and/or subject said people to a position of inferiority, with no ability to rise above any such tyrannical despotic dictatorship.

The obvious disregard for the Constitution by simply proposing such an act renders all involved in violation of their oath, demonstrates a disregard for their duties in the public trust, and has placed them in the dark, dastardly, shadow of human indecency where all traitors reside.

Vote them out of office, and if that fails, impeach them out of office. If that fails, prepare yourself for war, because their next act will place us all under the thumb of tyranny once more.

Edited to unscramble a misplaced "a".

Woody

"Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future." B.E.Wood

Look at your rights and freedoms as what would be required to survive and be free as if there were no government. Governments come and go, but your rights live on. If you wish to survive government, you must protect with jealous resolve all the powers that come with your rights - especially with the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Without the power of those arms, you will perish with that government - or at its hand. B.E. Wood

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom