UNCATEGORIZED Glock: The Gun That Is So Reliable You Don’t Have To Clean It?

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I think Glocks are great pistols. However it took me a long time to warm up to them inspite of all the positive press on them:

1) Plastic Frame - Does not contribute to pride of ownership;
2) Stamped Steel Slide release - pride of ownership issue
3) Trigger - When dry firing one can feel the springs vibrate, and it is not as glass rod breaking as a 1911, Hi Power or Sig.
4) Liked SA XD line Triggers Better, as well as Steyr M series Triggers, no suction cup plunger spring feel.

With that said I have warmed up to Glocks and do like them. Now if I could only retrieve my firearms from the bottom of Overholtzer I would be much happier (stupid boating accident!).
I was a 1911 guy myself. Still like them. I was in the same boat. I agree with everything you posted about the Tupperware guns. It took me a while to warm up to them.

The only reason I got one, was a friend was getting rid of one cheap and I couldn’t pass it up. I didn’t like the triggers, I didn’t like the plastic frames, pretty much everything you summed up. The trigger in my opinion sucked donkey balls. But after a while I got used to it and appreciate it for what it is. And it’s a pretty accurate little shooter.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have several old pistols, blued steel, wood, bakelight - I love them all. All have historical significance, and were built when a people had pride. I won't ever get rid of them.

I compete in run n guns. My gear gets muddy, full of dust and sand, sometimes submerged in water. After participating in these endeavors for a few years I bought a Glock. It's not beautiful, it doesn't have the "feel" of a Walther or CZ, it has no historical value whatsoever. If it were to break, I could easily replace it with an identical one, similar to buying tires.

Why choose such a weapon? Because it works. Every time.

Anyone with doubt needs to post up on a pistol stage at a runngun and make a list of pistol failures and see which ones succeed.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A gun for the masses, just like the VW was produced for the average worker.
They are affordable unlike the cost of a machined pistol at today’s prices IMO.
A gun is a tool but I do like old school collectibles. JMO

PDS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I think Glocks are great pistols. However it took me a long time to warm up to them inspite of all the positive press on them:

1) Plastic Frame - Does not contribute to pride of ownership;
2) Stamped Steel Slide release - pride of ownership issue
3) Trigger - When dry firing one can feel the springs vibrate, and it is not as glass rod breaking as a 1911, Hi Power or Sig.
4) Liked SA XD line Triggers Better, as well as Steyr M series Triggers, no suction cup plunger spring feel.

With that said I have warmed up to Glocks and do like them. Now if I could only retrieve my firearms from the bottom of Overholtzer I would be much happier (stupid boating accident!).
Sure am fond of Rugar

Latest posts

Top Bottom