UNCATEGORIZED Glock: The Gun That Is So Reliable You Don’t Have To Clean It?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still runs just fine.
Just sell it in the classifieds as a custom reptilian grip mod...

1660831565322.png

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I think Glocks are great pistols. However it took me a long time to warm up to them inspite of all the positive press on them:

1) Plastic Frame - Does not contribute to pride of ownership;
2) Stamped Steel Slide release - pride of ownership issue
3) Trigger - When dry firing one can feel the springs vibrate, and it is not as glass rod breaking as a 1911, Hi Power or Sig.
4) Liked SA XD line Triggers Better, as well as Steyr M series Triggers, no suction cup plunger spring feel.

With that said I have warmed up to Glocks and do like them. Now if I could only retrieve my firearms from the bottom of Overholtzer I would be much happier (stupid boating accident!).

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I build my own 1911's and recently have worked and improved a few Glocks. The 1911 you have some specialized tools and its expensive to even replace a barrell and bushing that you will spend hrs fitting and getting it perfect. Same with the trigger assembly, lots of tedious work but the end result is a beautiful gun and a empty wallet that shoots a single 1" to 2" group at 24 yrds. Now with the Glock, you push out 3 pins and out comes a bunch of punched out steel and plastic parts. Get a felt polishers and go to work on the trigger contact points and put a shorter connector in it. Swap a couple springs put it back together, In 2 mins and you have it back together with a shorter, lighter trigger, but it is still a Glock trigger. Glocks definitely have a great reputation and I enjoy shooting them. Not a lot of upgrades but enough to shrink your wallet and some are even worth it! Even with higher cartridge capacity, I really enjoy the lines and the way a 1911 feels in my hands, the engineering and mechanics are awesome as well. But many people prefer the Glocks and thats fine also. We the People should never take for granted we can have so many options and choices in our firearms.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I think Glocks are great pistols. However it took me a long time to warm up to them inspite of all the positive press on them:

1) Plastic Frame - Does not contribute to pride of ownership;
2) Stamped Steel Slide release - pride of ownership issue
3) Trigger - When dry firing one can feel the springs vibrate, and it is not as glass rod breaking as a 1911, Hi Power or Sig.
4) Liked SA XD line Triggers Better, as well as Steyr M series Triggers, no suction cup plunger spring feel.

With that said I have warmed up to Glocks and do like them. Now if I could only retrieve my firearms from the bottom of Overholtzer I would be much happier (stupid boating accident!).
I’ve been through about all the polymer pistols on the market but still have a few Glocks. I’m not nor have ever been a “fan”, but I respect their durability and reliability. However, when I reach for a handgun, a Glock isn’t my first or even second choice. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom