Unclaimed Property/Money search

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have yall ever done this? My grandpa did a search for our last name and said he got a hit or me from the Texas database. I looked, its a government run site and sure enough I had one from an old insurance company overage. I filled out the form and about 2 weeks or so later (today) I got a check in the mail. Cant beat that!

Check 'em out for the places you've lived.
I found one for my grandma up north and one for a friend in Memphis, too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recovered some money from it once. My parents bought a small life insurance policy for me when I was a kid. Whole life policy that they paid off, and just stuffed away. When I got into my 20's they gave it to me and had it changed into my name as the policy holder.
Went into a file and forgot about. One Sunday, I was reading the news paper where they occasionally list the names of folks the state is holding money for and saw mine.
Met life had tried to contact me, but in a move, never forwarded my new address to them, so the mail was returned I guess.
They converted the policy into shares of common stock, so when I applied to the state, and got it, it had been gaining on the stock market for several years.
I need to cash that in now that I'm retired I guess.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have yall ever done this? My grandpa did a search for our last name and said he got a hit or me from the Texas database. I looked, its a government run site and sure enough I had one from an old insurance company overage. I filled out the form and about 2 weeks or so later (today) I got a check in the mail. Cant beat that!

Check 'em out for the places you've lived.
I found one for my grandma up north and one for a friend in Memphis, too.
I did this once because I lost track of an old bank account because it said the OK commercial mentioned banks. Anyways there was nothing there on me so I searched for the bank. After a couple hours of searching I found what bank I was apart of and they said I had no money and said it was because I had no activity so the 100 or so bucks I had in there likely got feed down to 0. I didnt know this at all. I just thought I had to keep a minimum balance which was like a dollar for this bank but nope there was a stipulation that you must move money around. Seems kind of pointless. If I would of kept up with it and moved money from checking to savings (not depositing) I would have still had it. I just left it there in hopes I could go back for a rainy day type thing. Kind of annoying but it was in the print of my agreement. Lesson learned...

Latest posts

Top Bottom