Unexpected discharge… and it’s not a Glock.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen people on youtube saying theirs was post fix and still had the issue. I don't trust it...they are lucky that none of the P365 guns have this issue!

Can you post those videos?

Anyone old enough to remember the term "Glock Leg?" Yeah... it wasn't Glock's fault back then either.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you post those videos?

Anyone old enough to remember the term "Glock Leg?" Yeah... it wasn't Glock's fault back then either.
Glocks have a giant piece of metal blocking the firing pin that can't be moved unless the trigger is pulled. I am not familiar with the 1st gens so maybe that was them? HOWEVER, plenty of people who pulled the trigger somehow that shot their junk.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks have a giant piece of metal blocking the firing pin that can't be moved unless the trigger is pulled. I am not familiar with the 1st gens so maybe that was them? HOWEVER, plenty of people who pulled the trigger somehow that shot their junk.

You obviously don't know what I'm talking about. :D

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You obviously don't know what I'm talking about. :D
must not; wouldn't be my first time but I'm all ears.

EDIT: Since no replies yet, I'm adding to my reply...I just came across this and the grip safety (which can be disabled) on a striker fired gun is intriguing...Keltec has always been an innovator. This gun is light years ahead of their past offering though.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1025583655

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
must not; wouldn't be my first time but I'm all ears.

EDIT: Since no replies yet, I'm adding to my reply...I just came across this and the grip safety (which can be disabled) on a striker fired gun is intriguing...Keltec has always been an innovator. This gun is light years ahead of their past offering though.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1025583655

It's pretty easy to google, but here you go....

“Glock Leg" is what happens when a holstered handgun accidentally discharges, wounding the carrier in the leg and/or foot. It can happen with several different pistols (except revolvers) but it happens most often with Glocks due to their infamously iffy trigger safeties.

Basically it's a sarcastic reply to individuals saying the "gun went off by itself." Which they previously said about Glocks in the 90s.

FWIW, I don't think the OP is looking for a 9mm for bear/woods defense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom