Unexpected discharge… and it’s not a Glock.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d say the majority of these are user error having nothing to do with the Glock.

I agree with this comment:

most of these discharges happen during the process of holstering or unholstering the weapon. (I understand that the term for the resulting wound is “Glock leg.”)

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/05/10/glock-leg-condition-dont-want/I’d say an awful lot of these are on the reholster IMO.

I know from dry fire practice from concealment that you must watch your clothing doesn’t get into the trigger guard. IWB holsters usually warn you not to re-holster a loaded gun.

while I never engaged the trigger while doing so. My hold your shirt under your chin while you trying to hold the holster open and putting the barrel in can be dangerous.

I always loosen my belt on live fire. Now practice is different having to rack the slide each time is a pain. It was a real eye opener thankfully on a unloaded pistol.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
or 1911

no dogs were injured during these discharges

The PD should just revert to using .357 Magnum revolvers. 6 shots is plenty for normal police work.

With all the time spent on sensitivity training, diversity training, cultural competency training adding in overtime from constantly being short staffed post BLM, the cops need more than 6-8 rounds. There simply is not enough time to learn to shoot.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah and the military just bought a bunch of them...glocks don't do this unless the trigger is pulled...I don't understand why these departments do this stuff and get a new design gun before it is proven. They would have been better off with the P250 LOL.
I’d recommend that they replace their arms with the Sig P229 .40cal.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's pretty easy to google, but here you go....

“Glock Leg" is what happens when a holstered handgun accidentally discharges, wounding the carrier in the leg and/or foot. It can happen with several different pistols (except revolvers) but it happens most often with Glocks due to their infamously iffy trigger safeties.

Basically it's a sarcastic reply to individuals saying the "gun went off by itself." Which they previously said about Glocks in the 90s.

FWIW, I don't think the OP is looking for a 9mm for bear/woods defense.
I don't use google and I don't dial 911 LOL

I am agreeing with you that glock prob would have been banned in USA if it was really happening like that back then.

As for the other part, let's debate if 45ACP would work haha!

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have always been a fan of the 226 if not concerned about carry size. I do recall reading about Sig making a DAO version because the LEO's had trouble with learning the DA/SA trigger...I've had that issue on a different gun but shot it some more and got used to it better.

As for 40cal, it was an accident and then turned into an ego thing; the FBI has now abandoned it because the boomers that pushed it have retired.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom