University of Oklahoma Faculty "How To Silence Conservatives."

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is my prediction. Time will tell.
I am encouraged whenever I see pushback...especially economic pushback. "Get woke, go broke"
Private donations matter a lot to universities. Alumni donate because they found their experience there very worthwhile and assume today's students will experience the same benefit. Legislatures fund public universities for similar reasons. Destroy the basis for people wanting to provide funds and you cut off the universities lifeblood.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is my prediction. Time will tell.
I am encouraged whenever I see pushback...especially economic pushback. "Get woke, go broke"
Private donations matter a lot to universities. Alumni donate because they found their experience there very worthwhile and assume today's students will experience the same benefit. Legislatures fund public universities for similar reasons. Destroy the basis for people wanting to provide funds and you cut off the universities lifeblood.

I hope your optimistic vision comes true; some days I feel the same and some days I feel pretty hopeless.
The mindless OU school loyalty, especially around football, runs deep, and I think any change will come very slowly if at all.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope your optimistic vision comes true; some days I feel the same and some days I feel pretty hopeless.
The mindless OU school loyalty, especially around football, runs deep, and I think any change will come very slowly if at all.

We have a guy at church that ALWAYS wore something that was associated with OU. He did that for years, even for church. After we came back from Utah, I noticed that he had quit wearing the OU stuff.

I've not asked him yet as to why he quit.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Seen this brought up in several places in the last couple days. Older OU alumni comment "how sad I can't believe it's like that", younger OU alumni comment "oh it's been like this for several years".

I won't even vacation in a liberal state or buy parts from vendors in liberal states. Pretty sure my daughter is going to need a backup plan to OU because I'm not writing any checks to that place. It is that way to an extent at OSU but not nearly to the extent as OU, confirmed by friends who've attended both in recent years.
Texas is not a liberal state. Send her to the University of Texas !

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Texas is not a liberal state. Send her to the University of Texas !

I've been paying for her to attend in-state for the last 30y lol. Fortunately ACT score and pole vault will take care of most if not all no matter where she wants to go.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I graduated from OU in 1994. The one think liberalism was really bad back then and I tell them exactly why (liberal ideology) they will never see another dime from me in donation or my kids going there every time a fundraiser person calls me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom