Unobtainium - Styrofoam ice chests FOUND!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE: @Forgalspop has graciously come to my rescue and lives on the way to KS from my house!

YOU'se guys are very, very, accommodating and have really stepped up with your suggestions and offers of styrofoam devices to aid me in my quest!

View attachment 253086

He even put a pretty red bow on them!
If you decide you need more let me know and I will have them ready.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You will appreciate that far more than the foam ones. Meat is heavy and frozen meat has pointy corners, both mean a high risk of the styrofoam falling apart as you are trying to carry them to your freezer.

I have hauled meat from a processor in Chickasha to Jones a couple of times using the same method as @swampratt outlined with great success. I filled up with fuel right before I got to Prairie Rose so I didnt have to stop on the way home for anything. The coolers do buy a lot of peace of mind should there be any delays or a desire to stop in somewhere and grab a bite.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I go to Tahlequah every March and pick up some frozen beef and it's bagged in big garbage bags and I never put it in an ice chest. Of course, it's closer than Kansas but it's still fro=zen when I pull into my drive.

1big44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wifey and I just spent beaucoup bucks on a half of a beef. Hanging weight 348 pounds. Since we do not have any large ice chests, I need to buy some to transport the beef. Going to stores in the middle of winter to buy cheap styrofoam chests is a no go. Going online I can search and see pictures of them but they are all out of stock, back ordered, or just simply unavailable.

EDIT: I do not need or want to buy a YETI or Coleman or GOTT or anything permanent.

The beef is in Kansas and will be cut up next week. That will be the week of the 20th through 26th. That is the time frame I am planning. I'm figuring 275 to 300 pounds of beef so about 4 large 32 Qt. ice chests.

Does anyone have any big ice chests I can borrow for a few days?
348 lbs hanging. I don’t think you will see anywhere close to 300 lbs of beef.

Latest posts

Top Bottom