Unpleasant Welcome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry you had a bad experience. If the member's name is big fug, he started a thread about a new member wanting to purchase his item. The majority said go for it. He wasn't convinced. Hang around, just like in life, sometimes you have a bad experience but the majority of the time it is a good time here.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was me. I have dealt with new members who just join and welch on deals or are complete idiots. I do not deal with them anymore. I sell my things to members that have contributed to this community in a positive way. I don't know this guy from Adam. And after this cry baby post I won't be dealing with him in the future.

Tell me if this sounds rude, this is the exact message.

dcochran4 said:
Wormydog1724 said:
dcochran4 said:
I would like to buy the MP40 package you have for sale. You can reach me at (405)xxx-xxxx. I work thursday evening (today) but I am off Friday all day.

Sorry but I don't deal with new members with zero posts.

My apologies for wasting your time. Best of luck with the sale of your firearms.

My reply incoherent and worthy of a 6 year old? Bud you're starting off on the wrong foot already and pissing in your own Cheerios. Sure he was nice enough to give me his phone number, but again I've had this type of thing happen before, give them the benefit of the doubt, and in the end still come away with my item I have for sale but with a greater understanding of inbreeding in America and my wasted time. On one occasion six months ago, it was almost time to draw down on a guy. He was banned a couple days later for being a complete ass clown on here. Since then, and really even before then, I am selective on who I sell my firearms to. I believe that is my right, to refuse service to anyone, no?

For those of you that actually know me in person, hopefully you know what kind of person I am. I really don't have the time or energy anymore to put up with this. But to oblige the op, I figured the least I could do was reply to his pity party.

Cochran, stick around, contribute, and welcome to the party. Learn to have thick skin and realize its the Internet, everyone is retarded.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Uh... That particular rule does not show up in my copy of the rules. Care to reference actual language?

The Classifieds are a benefit for privileged OSA members and support for our community. When you join OSA, your account is in a "probationary" mode and you can not immediately post in the Classifieds section, but can post almost anywhere else.

The following criteria must be met for you to be considered for access to the classifieds section: You must be a member in good standing for at least one full month or more, and have participated in our community so you have a post count of at least 20 or higher.
here ya go

unless your talking about being a dick, that one's unwritten

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rules state that you have to be here atleast a month and have atleast 20 posts of substance before being able to use the classifieds.

Only to be able to *sell* in the classifieds.

We could care less who contacts you to buy. Any sales are a transaction between the seller and the buyer independent of OSA. If we limited the ability of potential buyers to contact sellers, we could be considered part of the sale, which we don't want to be.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a perennial debate on OSA. To sell to a newb or not to sell, that is the question.

I have no problem selling to a newb and I've done it a few times before with success. What I do is restrict my willingness to make concessions with an unknown. No I'm not going to knock 20% off the asking price. No I'm not going to hold the item until you get paid. No I'm not going to drive 50 miles to meet you.

If a mutually beneficial arrangement can be agreed on where I'm not on the hook for extra time, gas or hassle, I'll give it a shot. I've never been burned, yet. Some on here have though and their reluctance should be understandable.

Blue Baby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've sold to newbs before, and they've turned into meaningful members.

To the OP: based on wormydog's response your post was not accurate. If your post is an example of what you have to contribute (to stir up trouble) then please go back to the "browsing" stage. There's plenty of drama already.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll say it again - the OP's real issue was that he felt he received a "curt" and rude response to what he believed was a polite offer.
Having now seen WormyDog's actual post it is a debatable point.
However, as a rule, I like OSA because we do treat each other a little better than, for example, Armslist folks do. I just think taking a few second to write in actual sentences and to choose words carefully isn't such a big burden.

Latest posts

Top Bottom