Unpleasant Welcome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA. Sorry about your "rude" first experience, but rules are rules.

It sounds as though the PM you received was not only unnecessarily rude, but a syntactic disaster. It happens, we're all human.

I'm confident your OSA experience will improve from here out.

I am super curious as to what part of wormy's response to the op was, " not only unnecessarily rude, but a syntactic disaster."

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA, grow some thick skin as has been mentioned. Contribute to the discussions. Argue. Point/Counter-point. Whine if you must.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every member has the right to deal or not deal with another, no matter if they are new or been here for years. I saw no rudeness, he was straight to the point and that was that. I would have been the same way given the circumstances, there's no sense in forcing yourself into a situation you aren't comfortable with. I was like you, surfed here off and on for a few years before finally joining, you feel like part of the family, but no one knew you were standing outside looking through the window so as far as everyone else is concerned, you're new.
This forum is like an old biker bar, we respect each other and have each others back against outsiders, but that doesn't mean we don't get nasty with each other from time to time. And despite the fact you've driven by a few times, you just now wandered in, it's going to take time for most of us to trust you. There are a few members that will meet with newbies, and my hat is off to 'em, but most of us won't even entertain the idea. It may be inconvenient, but that's the way it is here. If it doesn't suit you and you aren't willing to put the time in, there's armslist, gunbroker and a bunch of other places you can go instead.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA.

One of the wonderful things about the internet. You can't see emotions. I've long since quit trying to decide if someone's post is meant to be hateful or pleasant. Just take it for what it is.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
wormydogs response wasn't rude,just to the point. the OP sent a pm which is not against the rules. i don't see where anyone did anything wrong. that being said, welcome to osa! home of thick skinned,bone headed, teddy bear sqeezin gun guys(and gals).

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the majority of the people on this board were lurkers at some point. I was and josh is right. You lurk and feel like you know everyone but no one knows you. It's hard to get thru that stage. Posting is the only way to do it.

I didnt think the response was rude just to the point. Sorry you though it was. Hope you stick around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom