Unpleasant Welcome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this thread is going nowhere fast. Wormydog is all right. I've shot a few matches with him, he always seems nice enough. I don't deal with zero posters either. Seems to risky to me. There are lots of established members that want to buy my awesome wares. I don't need to deal with someone anonymous that likely wants to steal my piece and turn me into a lampshade. Like mentioned before, there are other sites dedicated to just sales. This is a forum that has a sales aspect, a good one mind you, but a forum first.

leg lamp.jpg

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see why OSA frowns on non-established members buying and selling as to avoid this being a trading ground/ store and still allowing knowledge to be passed,
That being said we are all adults on here and we should act and treat each other as such, you reply with a "How are you today sir/ma'am but as per rules and regs I can not to sell you the firearm because you aren't established"

This avoids leaving a sour taste in peoples mouth and also helps OSA draw more folks in

There's my 0.02

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's no rule against contacting a seller to buy an item, no matter the post count. There's no rule against a seller not selling their item to someone, no matter the reason. Emotions and feelings do not translate well through text. Issues are best resolved through pm between the parties involved. Starting a cry baby thread does nobody any good.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's no rule against contacting a seller to buy an item, no matter the post count. There's no rule against a seller not selling their item to someone, no matter the reason. Emotions and feelings do not translate well through text. Issues are best resolved through pm between the parties involved. Starting a cry baby thread does nobody any good.

This is also correct.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I first came onto this sight as a lurker, there was a lot of good information about CC, still working on OC. I really missed a lot of bargains. Really good in depth thought provoking information about many situations that might arise by carrying a fire arm. What if you might be involved in a situation where you might have to make a decision to end a "human" life in a couple of milliseconds, as sad or twisted as that particular "human" life might be. I had to think about that, being new and not having givin a lot of previous thought to this. This site affirmed my thoughts, if it comes down to him or me, I am me, my thoughts I had already made with that decision ARE valid. Many scenerios were listed, but a Mr. Brown who frequently posted real life situations that had happened in Tulsa was my mentor with out him knowing it. (If I am not mistaken, he was the Tulsa Police officer that was called to every shooting that happened in the City of Tulsa) I dug into every post he made, they should be mandatory reading for every new firearm owner on this site. He was really there, a real life on the scene person that posted his testimonials of his thoughts. Not an arm chair argue OC or CC or some kind of BS like that person. I think this site finally ran him off with a few posts I saw later. This is how I started on this forum.

Yes, This is a great site, from information posted her, I finally decided to attempt 4 fatties with different stuffing's in the smoker, and I recently visited a joint in Bloomington Indiana that has 100 taps across the bar front, and has 400 different brands in the coolers.

I lurked 5 months then became a newbie and managed to escape the BS. Just as any open area you have all kinds of individuals. If they start out a jerk, nail them as a jerk. If they start as a person looking for assistance, give them assistance. Just because they are new and trying to find out what is going on and have 1 or 2 posts is not a reason to slam them, just as me, I was looking to find out where I was, how can I post my thoughts to the professionals when I am still figuring out what firecarm I might purchase.

Because of this site, I decided what kind of Pocket Pistol I would try. I could not get into the classifieds to purchase, went to Academy sports instead. Did not ***** about it, rules are rules. Finally purchased off of this site for additional fire arms. Recently purchased an item from an OSA member that went way out of his way to deliver an item I purchased. Exceptional.
It seems we are a brotherhood yes, but lets not stomp on others that want to join us, but try to find a way to not let anyone take advantage of any one of us. Ya know, in my opinion, FTF used to work better, "we could look them in the eye". Thanks to every one, even the wackos like me. Without you, I would not visit here every day to see what is next.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I first came onto this sight as a lurker, there was a lot of good information about CC, still working on OC. I really missed a lot of bargains. Really good in depth thought provoking information about many situations that might arise by carrying a fire arm. What if you might be involved in a situation where you might have to make a decision to end a "human" life in a couple of milliseconds, as sad or twisted as that particular "human" life might be. I had to think about that, being new and not having givin a lot of previous thought to this. This site affirmed my thoughts, if it comes down to him or me, I am me, my thoughts I had already made with that decision ARE valid. Many scenerios were listed, but a Mr. Brown who frequently posted real life situations that had happened in Tulsa was my mentor with out him knowing it. (If I am not mistaken, he was the Tulsa Police officer that was called to every shooting that happened in the City of Tulsa) I dug into every post he made, they should be mandatory reading for every new firearm owner on this site. He was really there, a real life on the scene person that posted his testimonials of his thoughts. Not an arm chair argue OC or CC or some kind of BS like that person. I think this site finally ran him off with a few posts I saw later. This is how I started on this forum.

Yes, This is a great site, from information posted her, I finally decided to attempt 4 fatties with different stuffing's in the smoker, and I recently visited a joint in Bloomington Indiana that has 100 taps across the bar front, and has 400 different brands in the coolers.

I lurked 5 months then became a newbie and managed to escape the BS. Just as any open area you have all kinds of individuals. If they start out a jerk, nail them as a jerk. If they start as a person looking for assistance, give them assistance. Just because they are new and trying to find out what is going on and have 1 or 2 posts is not a reason to slam them, just as me, I was looking to find out where I was, how can I post my thoughts to the professionals when I am still figuring out what firecarm I might purchase.

Because of this site, I decided what kind of Pocket Pistol I would try. I could not get into the classifieds to purchase, went to Academy sports instead. Did not ***** about it, rules are rules. Finally purchased off of this site for additional fire arms. Recently purchased an item from an OSA member that went way out of his way to deliver an item I purchased. Exceptional.
It seems we are a brotherhood yes, but lets not stomp on others that want to join us, but try to find a way to not let anyone take advantage of any one of us. Ya know, in my opinion, FTF used to work better, "we could look them in the eye". Thanks to every one, even the wackos like me. Without you, I would not visit here every day to see what is next.

well said!

Can't we all just sit around the fire, sing and hold hands? Must we always fight amognst each other? You seee what that did to the Mayans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom