Unreal UH-1 Huey Jump - or was it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm getting better, i was a newt
I'm glad I just had some adjustment disorders. Dreams I have are merely dreams, not nightmares or anything. I did have issues with crowds and unexpected noises, but not anymore. The only real issue I have is I get scared of the dark, when I am alone. it mostly screws with me when I am hunting, walking back to the truck in the dark, I always feel like someone following me.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my nightmare was a getting overrun theme, same one every time, i'm in a fighting hole along with 2 others in holes on my left and right. we have unlimited ammo and shoot NVA but they don't die. the guys on my left and right are killed and i'm blasted to the back of my hole with my back against the dirt, look up and there is an NVA trooper there getting ready to shoot me, i wake up in a cold sweat and i know, just know, when the trooper finally fires and i don't wake up that will be my last nightmare and my daughter can have me burned up

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nah Brother, the war can't take ya. You made it, that's why we have the "mares". Some will say conflict resolution is the key to ridding oneself of these nightmares. Others will tell you that the brain is trying to work things out. Still others may say that the "Mares" keep you ready to deal with stressful events in life. Others simply say it is the worst damn thing they can imagine and that is a fear they realize subconsciously at night in REM. Regardless my friend, you fought the war, came home and will never forget what you saw there. Your actions were necessary and an entire nation is grateful for what you had to do and did with Honor.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad I just had some adjustment disorders. Dreams I have are merely dreams, not nightmares or anything. I did have issues with crowds and unexpected noises, but not anymore. The only real issue I have is I get scared of the dark, when I am alone. it mostly screws with me when I am hunting, walking back to the truck in the dark, I always feel like someone following me.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Probably just a bear, maybe a wild boar...chupacabra. I'd just hope that if it were to attack, it's a quick over and done with thing. I'd hate to be slowly eaten to death by some carnivorous creature out there. Nah, it's probably nothing. Nothing to be wor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never was in combat, so I can't relate to what you guys are experiencing. However, for a long time, I also sat facing the door and being totally situation aware. Nowadays, it seems the wife thinks I don't have the right reflexes or something because she has taken to facing the door in restaurants. Maybe it's because I'm 71 and don't have the ability to get up fast.

As for nightmares, my worst is being in a situation of some kind and being totally naked. But, even those are diminishing. I guess even I don't want to see me naked.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I scared my wife one night when I shouted, "Cease fire, cease fire!" in the middle of the night. It took her a few minutes in my confusion from her shaking me awake to understand that I was dreaming about my tank's searchlight being shot off by "friendly fire." I haven't dreamed about that in years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never been in the military, but a few "sticky" situations in the field (during my EMS days) where rapid egress was necessary. I don't know if that contributes or just getting into guns and being more self-defense-aware over the last decade, but I know what you mean about the situational thing. I, too, try to sit with my back to the door at restaurants and such. The wife recognizes it and usually defers first to give me the door-facing seat at the booth. I'm not as vigilant about some of the other things you guys are, like fields of fire and such, although I do need to me more aware of exit potential as well as weapons of opportunity, cover and concealment.

Where do you guys find yourselves being most vigilant? Is there a type of place that gets your hackles up more than others? Just curious... for me, sadly, it is church. I carry in my vehicle nearly 100% of the time, on my person maybe 50% when not at work. But at church or the movie theater, it is 100% of the time, all the time. I'm not sure why that is, really....

Latest posts

Top Bottom