Unreal UH-1 Huey Jump - or was it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn Rangers, now had that been a Force Recon it never would have broken, never...

Never been in the military, but a few "sticky" situations in the field (during my EMS days) where rapid egress was necessary. I don't know if that contributes or just getting into guns and being more self-defense-aware over the last decade, but I know what you mean about the situational thing. I, too, try to sit with my back to the door at restaurants and such. The wife recognizes it and usually defers first to give me the door-facing seat at the booth. I'm not as vigilant about some of the other things you guys are, like fields of fire and such, although I do need to me more aware of exit potential as well as weapons of opportunity, cover and concealment.

Where do you guys find yourselves being most vigilant? Is there a type of place that gets your hackles up more than others? Just curious... for me, sadly, it is church. I carry in my vehicle nearly 100% of the time, on my person maybe 50% when not at work. But at church or the movie theater, it is 100% of the time, all the time. I'm not sure why that is, really....

For me; it's pretty much anytime my front door is open or I leave the house.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

I wish I were that dedicated to carrying... I do often keep one or two or three lying around if I'm sitting around the house, especially with the back door open on summer (or winter) nights - my recliner is 3 feet from the back door. But aside from keeping one (or more, again) at hand in my vehicles, I just don't find it comfortable carrying alot of the time. I think since I'm a big guy - aka fatass, and I have to really cinch my belt down to keep things from sagging (Noassatall Syndrome), it's just uncomfortable.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Same here. I carry at home and every where it's legal. Always face the entrance and spot the exits and kitchen areas. Don't really notice myself doing it anymore but if it's a new restaurant we haven't been to, and someone in our party needs to use the restroom I can usually point out the direction.
Not a real fan of any crowded areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I were that dedicated to carrying... I do often keep one or two or three lying around if I'm sitting around the house, especially with the back door open on summer (or winter) nights - my recliner is 3 feet from the back door. But aside from keeping one (or more, again) at hand in my vehicles, I just don't find it comfortable carrying alot of the time. I think since I'm a big guy - aka fatass, and I have to really cinch my belt down to keep things from sagging (Noassatall Syndrome), it's just uncomfortable.

I know you've heard it s bazillion times...with the right gun, belt and holster, you can make it as comfortable as possible. And I'm sure a lot will agree with me; once you get comfortable with the right setup, you'll find it uncomfortable NOT to be heeled when you put your pants on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hyper Vigilance in crowds of any size, over passes, cul da sacks, tunnels, the mall, walmart, back pastures, front pastures, Church, Military functions, anywhere their is a potential threat based on the loonies of today. I carry at home, in the truck, shopping, kids sports games, any event that we are a potential target. Trash bags on the side of the road are avoided, never pull up even with the car next to you at a stop light, all possible egress routed notes, all ingress routes noted, discrepancies in waitstaff outfits and on and on... PTSD sucks, but it could be a whole lot worse. Dead comes to mind.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely, most gravel roads around my hood, don't even have a line down the middle. Opposing drivers determine the middle of the road by avoiding each other.

Wow!! Two lane gravel road? Here on the Ranch, all our roads are single lane gravel.

But yeah, I know. These are private roads, not public.

Latest posts

Top Bottom