Unwelcome "Guest", Shots Fired!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty much my position as well. Way back in the long ago when we had chickens I sang a different tune though. Now a non-venomous snake gets a straight up pass though I may relocate if they are in an inconvenient location.
Last spring this guy nearly gave me a heart attack when I lifted the hood on my mower to check the oil. It got relocated.
Yeah, I don’t dislike them that much. I’m just afraid I’m going to hurt myself when I bounce of of three walls and fall out of the top of a tree.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This the one that got my attention. Very aggressive cotton mouth

Attachments

• AA872CD6-0F8E-43BF-85A3-E8767F38F865.jpeg
    AA872CD6-0F8E-43BF-85A3-E8767F38F865.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 60

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I had an uninvited guest at my house today. The altercation resulted in shots fired and the unwelcome intruder assuming room temperature.

Found this guy curled up in my shop this afternoon. It was right next to my big shop door and I damn near stepped on it when I went to open the door.
It slithered off into a pile of scrap metal under my welding bench and avoided my initial efforts to evict it from the building.
I attempted to clear the room unsuccessfully, the intruder was hiding too well.
After the initial encounter I retreated from the scene and secured a proper weapon, S&W Model 60 loaded with bird shot, and took up a position where I could observe the last known location of the perpetrator.
It took nearly an hour before the vermin showed himself again and I was able to end the standoff with one carefully placed shot.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but I've gotten a little lax about always being armed with "snake medicine" when working around the property. That has now changed.
Was he facing you when you shot him? Just saying coz I wouldn't want his family suing you for murder or have the local DA investigate and prosecute you. Did you use reloads or factory loads?

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screw all that, I hate snakes of all kinds even though some of’em are supposed to be non venomous.

When I was re-couping from prostate surgery 3 years ago, I was sitting in the living room with wifey watching tv. We had the blinds open and right below the window on the porch was the dogs kennel.

All of a sudden both of us looked there in the window on top of the kennel and there was about a 41/2-5 foot snake looking in watching tv with us.

Well this is where the rodeo starts…I jump up wearing shorts and cowboy boots, a 1911 in one hand and my catheter bag and broom in the other.

The wife’s yelling the dogs howling I’m trying to keep the catheter hose from getting caught under foot and from getting in the door while the wife's trying to push me out.

Bastardo finally slides off the porch with the aid of the little pieces of broom handle and broom bristles flying, dog is still trying to bite the fricken snake but it’s the one attached to my privates. Now I’m yelling louder than the wife, finally I shoot just hoping to either hit the dog or the snake or for that matter just anything to get some relief. That snake died with extreme prejudice.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Was he facing you when you shot him? Just saying coz I wouldn't want his family suing you for murder or have the local DA investigate and prosecute you. Did you use reloads or factory loads?
Factory loaded shot shells. I really need to find more or nut up and make my own.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Copperheads get dispatched, all others get a pass unless bothering chickens, then are relocated. Rat snakes & black racers good for culling the copperheads ….

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's pretty much my position as well. Way back in the long ago when we had chickens I sang a different tune though. Now a non-venomous snake gets a straight up pass though I may relocate if they are in an inconvenient location.
Last spring this guy nearly gave me a heart attack when I lifted the hood on my mower to check the oil. It got relocated.
Keeping the pack rats from eating your wiring good boy

Latest posts

Top Bottom