Upcoming job loss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where there is risk, there must be choice...you can't ask people to put themselves at risk (or their kids) to save other people. All medicines have potential risks.

The viral load in the vaccinated is the same or higher as those who have not had it, so the vaxxed can spread the disease at at least the same rate. Also, if the vax works, what real argument can be made to force someone else to take it to protect the vaxxed?

If the vax works, why are the vaxxed scared of the unvaxxed? Why don't we mandate frequent hand washing and mandate a special diet? Is an obese person who eats garbage a threat to someone else because they are more likely to catch & spread diseases? Should we force them to eat fruits and vegtables and maybe force them to purchase spring water so they will be healthier?

Where does it end? Can you be fired for supporting the second amendment if gun violence is declared a public health crisis? Perhaps your bosses will soon bring back the writ of prima nocta? How many of you will fold for that?

theman4bran

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Mine isn't a requirement yet, you just have to officially decline the shot so far (OU Health). The thing is I work from home so it would be a hard sell. I got the first two and the booster, because my health dictates the need. But I wouldn't be for forcing it on anyone who didn't want it.
Thanks for respecting liberty and freedom to choose

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It should be a free choice, but there should be much improved educational programs and one-on-one access to knowledgeable people to address specific worries. This heavy-handed approach is terrible. Also... people with natural immunity, from having had the illness, should be viewed as equivalent or better than having been vaccinated.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So many times I have seen people on here say..... if someone doesn't like what an employer pays..... then go work somewhere else.

This is not to say I agree with mandates by the government in any way, shape or form. However, I DO believe an employer should run their business how they see fit. That being said, they should be held liable for any requirements they have. So if someone is shown to have short term or lasting effects from a vaccine they require, they are on the hook in court. If a hospital system requires it, and I get why they do, and all their employees quit and go work for a health system that doesn't require it, and said healthcare system goes under, then so be it. Be careful of what you wish for to those businesses that will require it. Free market has a way of washing everything out.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a Fed who works in an Agency providing healthcare it's expected of us . . . and required to maintain force readiness. Just like the flu shot.

Retirement in April 2025 can't get here fast enough.

theman4bran

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

Anybody else here face losing their job if they don't take a cv shot? I work for AA, looks like it's going in that direction.
Williams here in Tulsa is waiting on OSHA's guidance. They sent the following: "COVID-19 Vaccinations: The Executive Officer Team has been very clear that, as a company, we do not support mandatory vaccination. However, if, and when, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) issues an Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS), we will comply with the law which likely would require weekly COVID-19 testing of employees who are not vaccinated. Additionally, we do encourage vaccination as we are always focused on keeping our organization safe and healthy, but we do not support government mandates of personal health decisions."

Isn't it interesting that management does "not support mandatory vaccination" yet they say "we will comply"? Does anyone else wonder if this administration is paying big corporations tax payer money if they reach certain vaccination goals?

In the coming days Williams is hosting a "vaccination campaign" and incentivizing (aka bribing) the workforce (mainly operations) with bonuses.

I know I deviated from the question. But had to go on a rant. Williams is allowing medical and religious exemption applications. We will see.

IMPORTANT!! I do want to inform everyone:
See the FDA's latest "Letter of Authorization (Reissued)" here: Comirnaty and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine

Direct link: https://www.fda.gov/media/150386/download

The only FDA approved COVID-19 vaccine is COMIRNATY. The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is EUA-authorized. The FDA letter footnote 10 states "The licensed vaccine has the same formulation as the EUA-authorized vaccine and the products can be used interchangeably to provide the vaccination series without presenting any safety or effectiveness concerns. The products are legally distinct with certain differences that do not impact safety or effectiveness."

Footnote 12 of the FDA letter states "Although COMIRNATY (COVID-19 Vaccine, mRNA) is approved to prevent COVID-19 in individuals 16 years of age and older, there is not sufficient approved vaccine available for distribution to this population in its entirety at the time of reissuance of this EUA. Additionally, there are no products that are approved to prevent COVID-19 in individuals age 12 through 15, or to provide: an additional dose to the immunocompromised population, or a booster dose to the authorized population described in this EUA."

If the approved COMIRNATY is not available, then what is the legal distinction between COMIRNATY and the EUA-authorized Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine? What are the "certain differences" between the two?

Do not be tricked, coerced, bribed, forced, or mandated to take the EUA-authorized Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine as a substitute for the FDA approved COMIRNATRY vaccine. The PREP Act grants Pfizer-BioNTech immunity from legal liability for their EUA-authorized Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine. See https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/LSB/LSB10443 and here Emergency Use Authorization

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
That's an Employment Practices lawsuit all day long.
not in an at-will state. they will just claim you were fired for reason that had nothing to do with your vax. done.

i'm reading "free market, business owners do what they want, yada yada". guys corporations are more powerful than governments. there is no free market. there's a good chance *there never was.*

small businesses were forced to close for over a year, some estimates put it around 40% of ALL smalls businesses are now gone, and we're talking about the free market?

either become self employed or drop out entirely. there is no other option.

>forced to be the Scraps from Demolition Man, living underground eating rat burgers, drinking beer, still kissing and #$*&ing, only ascending to either tag some corporate brutalist building or steal some taco bell rations

>forced to be the Lo-teks from Johnny Mnemonic who will embrace an anti-establish, pro-privacy counter culture ran by a former military cyber newtype dolphin and a powerful AI (tay) who is also basically the God of the yakuza/corporate alliance that turns rogue after understanding the virus destroying humanity was both engineered and its cure was purposefully withheld

i'm ready to run down the street covered in green jell-o reading playboy magazine. anyone else?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Lots of opinions, but opinions will not help when you are looking for that next job. Tough decision...
that's because at this point many, *many* people are considering how much easier theft would be than working.
especially working for corporate cultures that literally tell you how much they hate you; how you are the problem with everything wrong in the world, how your lifestyle is the one that has to change/be eradicated, how your opinions are the ones that are deemed no longer fit for society, how everything you do is wrong (except for the things the company needs you to do in order to profit; keep doing those).

yeah i'm gonna go ahead and say a lot of people will simply refuse. and i don't mean the vaccine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom