Upcoming job loss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody likes to be told what to do take the shot for you country ,your elders , the sick, the weak. who had the measles mumps rubella tetanus etc shots ? just saying i didn't want to . but also didn't want my 87 year old dad dying because of me. who still works by the way.
Can he get the vaccine? Not possible to keep him from encountering someone with the virus.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work at Tinker AFB and we got our letters for mandatory vaccine Thursday. So I went and got my first shot this morning. I have 23 years in and didn't want to throw it away. It's a shame what this country is turning into it, its not free anymore. I think if I would happen to get fired over it my chances of finding another job even close to what I have are pretty slim because I have a feeling any good job that has decent benefits will require the vaccine anyway. I damn sure didn't want to get it because I don't believe its anything but politics. I work with people that say there going to sue if they get fired and then get millions in a settlement but I'm not fooling with all that crap and a slim chance of getting my job back.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work at Tinker AFB and we got our letters for mandatory vaccine Thursday. So I went and got my first shot this morning. I have 23 years in and didn't want to throw it away. It's a shame what this country is turning into it, its not free anymore. I think if I would happen to get fired over it my chances of finding another job even close to what I have are pretty slim because I have a feeling any good job that has decent benefits will require the vaccine anyway. I damn sure didn't want to get it because I don't believe its anything but politics. I work with people that say there going to sue if they get fired and then get millions in a settlement but I'm not fooling with all that crap and a slim chance of getting my job back.
As Aaron Tippin's daddy once said, "you've got to stand for something..."

I'm sorry they did that to you, it's not right. ask yourself where your line of violating your conscience and free will is before you would be willing to say no? Your leaders failed you; they are supposed to stand up for your rights. These people were threatening to keep you from eating...think about that. Then blame every elected republican you can find for feeding you to the wolves for their 40 pieces of silver. The people you vote for hate you, they are embarrassed by you, they use you. That's where we are today. Democrats ALWAYS wanted to do this, it should be no surprise. Legitimate peaceful resistance to the over reach should be led by leaders on our side for it to have legitimacy. Their side's leaders call for and even excuse things way beyond civil disobedience & protest. Our side just preaches to the choir on FOX news but doesn't actually organize and try to protect your rights. We are screwed...anyone who is resolute enough to push policies to end much of this slide into dystopia is unelectable and would be called an extremist just like Barry Goldwater or Ron Paul. Take the shot and keep watching Monday night football...eventually the elite will demand more of you and your family. Don't like it...then if you show up to a PTA meeting be prepared to be called an enemy combatant for exercising your right of civil discourse to the public servants you elected.

I'm not bashing you, we are all guilty of being in this catch 22 situation. Our leaders could end this tomorrow if they really wanted to. And they wouldn't have to encourage their followers to chase people into bathrooms or get a crowd like Mad Maxine has called for in the past LOL. Just a major press conference & webiste with a statement of the issues and an organized plan of peaceful non-compliance led by legitimately elcted representatives of the people. Locally, the Governor could start by extending his orders to the private sector that they can't mandate in Oklahoma, period. He could make it illegal for a medical provider to administer any medicine that is coerced by financial threats, etc. Require medical providers to ask a series of questions to a patient...if the patient says they are being threatened with financial coercion, it would be illegal to administer the shot. If the Republicans wanted to stop this tomorrow, they could. Yet they ask for your vote because they believe in liberty LOL.

Last edited:

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hospitals have been requiring mandatory flu shots for years. Not a big change for us regarding mandatory shots.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure people a grasping the reality of the mandates and how this is going to grow job losses exponentially. Byedins and those running the country are driving the economy off a cliff. I’m not sure at what point they will stop destroying jobs. There are currently about 12-13 million job openings. People don’t want to, or are black listed and not allowed to work.

I think southwest is one of the first or is the first to force the mandate on their employees.

Southwest Airlines cancels more than 1.8K flights​

CHICAGO - APRIL 3: A Southwest Airlines jet takes off at Midway Airport April 3, 2008 in Chicago, Illinois. Officials from Southwest and other airlines will testify at a safety hearing on Capitol Hill today following recent cancellations of flights by Southwest, United, American and Delta airlines as jets were taken out of service for safety inspections. (Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images)

CHICAGO – APRIL 3: A Southwest Airlines jet takes off at Midway Airport April 3, 2008 in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo by Scott Olson/Getty Images)

OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 12:32 PM PT – Sunday, October 10, 2021​

Southwest Airlines cancelled more than 1,800 flights leaving thousands of customers across the country affected.

The Texas-based airline cancelled 27 percent of its flights on Sunday due to so-called air traffic control issues in Florida and bad weather conditions. Meanwhile, competitors like American Airlines and Spirit reported no more than a four percent cancellation total on their domestic flights.

Among the issues, Southwest said the carrier is prepared to cut flights during spring break unless they hire more staff. With many people having a three-day weekend, due to Columbus Day, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officials said they screened more than two million people at airport security checkpoints on Friday.

Some have speculated the mass cancellations could be due to the vaccine mandate recently being imposed upon those who work for Southwest. Southwest has not confirmed whether staff shortages or the mandate contributed to this weekend’s cancellation.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
yeah the "dark corners of the internet" where people do their own research have been saying air traffic controllers walked out of a jacksonville airport and it set off a mass resignation chain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom