Update from the NRA Annual Meeting in Indianapolis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess my questions is why didn't the NRA move to Texas years ago? What is the benefit of staying there?

NRA really is in some deep#$% at the moment. I am not happy about what they have done with the money and them not understanding "Shall not be infringed" all the time. Still I think if they go under it hurts us all. There is no one else with their kind of weight to fight these battles. It will take a long time that we don't have for something else to grow big enough to wield any power like they do.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a mess. The finances should have been investigated a long time ago. This is not something that just started. North was right ... at least in that regard. I give to them because they are by far the strongest voice we have in protecting our 2A rights. That might not be the case when all of this dust settles.

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A friend of mine worked for the nra through an ad agency in the 80s ….. He took people hunting. Deer to moose. Then fishing. This was a way to get them donate or donate more. Not to work on gun rights. these were not cheap trips.

The nra built the. New bulding several years ago. Not cheap. Were all of the things needed? an indoor gun range.

The desire to move into brasil and Russia?

And the literature seeking donations …. They lost me a few years ago.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only way to right the ship here is to clean house at the top, seems like the CEO isn't going to go down without a fight.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to see a complete audit of finances, and accountability of those that have abused our donations if they have.
The same with any organization that looks for donations to operate. The Red Cross and Wounded Warriors are two others with exorbitantly high overhead in their upper management.
The argument by those in the board of directors of those organizations that you have to pay zillions of dollars to retain the best is total bullshat. They vote in those salaries because one of them might be next in line, and a raise for the CEO results in a raise for the board. Good ol boys/girls helping good ol boys/girls. :hey3:

If your passionate about a cause or an organization, the salary should be the least of your worry and should work with reasonable expenses paid to cover travel, etc within reason. A $200,000.00 wardrobe expense should not be allowed as we are hearing. Someone is getting a kickback from that deal, I can assure you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom