Update on Boyd At One stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
After further review, I would send the stock back immediately.
From Boyds website: DO NOT assume your new stock will be a perfect fit out of the box. It is always best to confirm hole spacing on your rifle and make sure that this matches our stock. This will help alleviate all mistakes when ordering. Please note that due to the variations among models and changes in the production processes and tolerances that gun manufacturers may or may not routinely adhere to, some minor fitting may be required even on our fully finished drop in parts to achieve that perfect fit.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
post a picture
t0_gstatic_com_images_f1d27c02a82d0ad9cf2cfb4b884c772c._.jpg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I had the old stock off I adjusted the trigger from the factory (just above 3 lbs) to 2.62 lbs. Very nice. Just required a small turn (1/4 or less) and tuned it till I got the feel I wanted. Checked it with the Red Neck Trigger pull, several times, and it registered 2.62 or about. I was wanting about a 1/2 lb reduction but not a full lb. down to 2.
It was crisp before and even nicer now without any touchy issues.
I really like the Timney trigger.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sometimes changing a stock will require a longer or shorter bolt. Sounds like to me, you need a longer bolt. IIRC the American stock is pretty thin profile. Is the At One stock a little more robust? If yes, order a longer bolt, sand or use a dremel to finish the fitment issues. Assemble it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes changing a stock will require a longer or shorter bolt. Sounds like to me, you need a longer bolt. IIRC the American stock is pretty thin profile. Is the At One stock a little more robust? If yes, order a longer bolt, sand or use a dremel to finish the fitment issues. Assemble it.
Mine is the short bolt, and that's what the stock is for, but I notice very little clearance at the stock. I'm sure this will fix itself when the front screw is seated properly and pulls the barrel into place.
I'm willing to screw with this thing for a short time after I hear from Boyds, then I'm done and they can have it back.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mine is the short bolt, and that's what the stock is for, but I notice very little clearance at the stock. I'm sure this will fix itself when the front screw is seated properly and pulls the barrel into place.
I'm willing to screw with this thing for a short time after I hear from Boyds, then I'm done and they can have it back.
Are you saying the bolt/screw is too short? That is how it sounds to me.
I will go back and re read.

Latest posts

Top Bottom