Update on Boyd At One stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you saying the bolt/screw is too short? That is how it sounds to me.
I will go back and re read.
The screw will not catch the thread on the barrel. This was a problem with other Boyd stock in the past. I'm going to take a closer look at it this morning (taking the day off to get some things done and this is one of them).
I will take a few pic's after I've checked a couple of things out and see what everyone thinks.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My walnut Boyd stocked AR required a "custom" bolt for the pistol grip as a standard one was now too short and it did not come with a longer one. I could NOT find one that was "ideal" length so had to source a longer one and cut it to length.

I have a Boyd stock on my Bmag which required a little bit of fitting to free float the barrel....I believe the Boyd stock on my 10/22 dropped right on as it should (its been many years but I dont recall any need to fit it).

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update. Pic one shows the mag catch that was not fitting in and needed a little sanding on the round end to fit. Once I did that I guess it positioned the take down screw where it would catch. When this was done I dropped in the barrel and attached. You will see a pic of the mag and note the mag latch is not low enough to capture the mag catch. Also still a bit of a tight fit. I can see some additional sanding in the stock mag well and I need suggestions.
It looks great, but not perfect. When I get a chance to shoot it I will determine if I need to sand and float the barrel or bedding is in my future.
Need suggestions on sanding the mag well to get latch to seat under the mag catch and be less tight.
Reduction of the trigger pull to 2.6 is really feeling good and I think when my over sized fore and read grips will be helpful too.
At 1 1.JPG
At 1 4.JPG
At 1 5.JPG
At 1 6.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take another look at this thread. Sounds like what you are up against.
I think you're right. Just will have to figure out where the bind is. Wish Boyd's had a metal piece rather than the plastic mag catch. I see having some fun with a piece of metal and make my own after I get this one to seat properly.
What do you think about the stock? Be honest.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I like the stock, I like the American. But I'm a little undecided on the combo without seeing and handling it in person.

I agree that the mag catch is a little chintzy looking - especially considering the rest of the package.

Latest posts

Top Bottom