Update on Boyd At One stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take the bolt down to the local hardware store (so they can gauge the thread size/pitch) and see what is available in replacement bolts.
Most hardware stores don't carry the oddball thread/bolt combo's that guns use, (5-40 etc)BUT, our local Ace Hardware just put out a Bolt Bin of those gun style bolts and thread combo's after we asked them. If you don't find them, ask your store to stock them.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the front take down screw to fit after I sanded mag catch. I had contacted Boyds before I did the sanding (stupid on my part) and they sent out a longer screw at no charge. I contacted them and it was already sent. MY BAD but thanks to Boyd customer service for being on it like glue.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most hardware stores don't carry the oddball thread/bolt combo's that guns use, (5-40 etc)BUT, our local Ace Hardware just put out a Bolt Bin of those gun style bolts and thread combo's after we asked them. If you don't find them, ask your store to stock them.
Someone posted on another forum that the size of the bolt was 1/4-20. Nothing hard to find there. 4s, 5s, and 6s are usually for scope mounts and such, and they are a rather an uncommon size.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forward mag catch not quite catching latch. Sanded down the mag well and mag fit is perfect except for the fore catch needing a small amount of reduction.
Got an idea :hyper:. Went by hardware store and picked up two large washers (with the correct sized screw hole) that I will grind down to match the plastic catch provided by Boyds.
Top washer will match the catch and the bottom one I will cut off a bit and that should give it a perfect fit to catch the latch.
Plus I get rid of the plastic.
Have it crudely cut down in the shape of the catch (rounded on one end and flat on the catch side with screw hole). Put nut and bold in washers to keep it solid mark cuts.
This will be fun to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom