Update on home made pull gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a bit suspect on my poor boy pull gauge but made a mod and tested against a store bought Cabellas. Mine dead on except it doesn't freeze at the break of the trigger.
I tested my new timney trigger that suppose to set at 3 lbs from the factory. It is just a touch over that at 3.02 (ha!) Tested it several times with mine and very little difference. Tested it with the big city pull and came up with the same. Mine might be more accurate as it's digital.
Bought the luggage scale from walmart. Cut off the triangle strap holder off that left a little eye let. Took a yard sign wire and bent it in an L at one end and bent the other into a small eye hole the same size as the one on the WM scale. Put a bolt and nut through and tightened down. Put rubber heat shrink electrical tubing on trigger end.
Trailer park genius!
Guage mod.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to make things work out of other things. Usually ends up costing more than just buying the real deal but not as fun. This was actually very cheap to do and I can pretend I'm handy.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Nice!! May have to do a copy of that!! Been working on the trigger on my 30-06 and was curious what my trigger pull is.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice!! May have to do a copy of that!! Been working on the trigger on my 30-06 and was curious what my trigger pull is.
When you put the nut and bolt on tight, the wire hanger does not move so you can control where it pushes against the trigger. I think putting the heat shrink tubing really helps in the trigger staying put and not sliding when you pull.
They had several different digital scales, but I liked this one and it was in the bargain bin. Other than the scale, I had everything else on hand.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Have the shrink tape, brazing rod and every kind of screw you could possibly think of LOL. Just need the scale !

Latest posts

Top Bottom